New model of a small mill coming, some manufacturing pics from the factory to look at.

While the 833T is certainly in my price range, I do not have access to 220V in my current home shop. I'm renting and am limited by what is available to me.

There's always a bigger machine. One factor in my selection was to maximize the machine while remaining 120V powered. But you can select a three phase machine and get a 120V VFD to drive it, you'll be limited in power of course but still be able to operate. Then later you can upgrade the power if necessary.

20191230_193859.jpg

I am still considering the 727 variable speed model as it is a bit more Hefty. I'm just wondering how much of a difference in precision I would gain from the careful manufacturing of this machine. I agree with your comment about the operator being more important than the machine, I have seen that first hand in machinist school with all of using the same machines. Now to decide what the most important feature is ... build or weight.

I didn't realize that the 727 was 100 lbs heavier. I guess this falls between the 25 and the 727. I wonder where the weight is? Some of it is in the gearbox on the 727. The x axis on this is a little longer.
Question: I would think a larger chip pan with taller sides would be beneficial?
Robert

The 727's motor and gearbox are a lot of the additional weight. The frames look similar. A larger chip pan would be good for this workbench. My plan is to enclose and CNC it, but one step at a time.

I started a separate thread for my PM-728V-T mill so I'll stop cluttering this thread. :)

Last edited:
I'm considering getting one of these later this year but need to figure out how to get it into my basement. I have a chain hoist for getting it up on a stand down there but carrying it down the big hill and up onto the deck and then through one of the 34in doorways will be a challenge. If the spindle, table, and column come apart easy enough I'm thinking I can just move it in pieces using a hand truck.

Ordered one! So excited! Oh wait, crap, my credit card is maxed out... I may need to make a payment first!
Tomorrow.
Hey, should I go for a 4" or 6' vice on this? Leaning towards 4.
Robert

Looking great in the shop! Manual is almost done, I am doing the final proof reading this week, but it turned out just how we wanted it. So far people love this mill, myself included. Finally have the DRO Finalized, and X power feed is coming soon.

Back