New PM-728V-T Mill

Servo , stepper brakes that I have encountered are either physical shaft brake mechanism's or Electrical braking using heat sinks . I am no expert on this subject matter . I suggest serching for servo brake. I believe DMM servos and several other's offer built in braking via controller/servo combination.

Think I'll cheap out on a brake option. Put a sign on the power off switch "Park the Head First" :)

Think I'll cheap out on a brake option. Put a sign on the power off switch "Park the Head First" :)

My kind of solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't have a problem with the z axis falling. Although I do remove all bits and lock the head before putting it to bed. :)

mine might stay but it doesn't take much of a jar to get it to do a face plant if I forget to lock it.

Received email from PM that my CNC ballscrew conversion kit and 0-10V motor speed control module for the PM-728V-T have been shipped. Less than 30 pounds ship weight.

Last edited:
Shipping stalled for awhile, but it is finally moving. Should see it early next week.

Hopefully they have selected properly. It has a 5 year warranty if I remember correctly.
This may be another reason to consider a counterweight setup.
Here's a THK guide on ball screw selection.

Last edited:
Back