New PM-728V-T Mill

Yes it does run Fusion, Centroid Mill Pro, Mach4 (for the Avid CNCRouterParts plasma table), and Sheetcam, and usually have several of them open. For example when I cut with the plasma, I use Fusion > Sheetcam > Mach4. It does have the Vesa hole pattern on the back as does hte monitor, but I mount them offset. The monitor, btw is the Planar Helium PCT2235 Touch Screen 22" LED LCD Full HD Resolution Monitor with Helium Stand
IMG_5348 2.jpg

IMG_5342 2.jpg

Nice clean and compact setup on the monitor. What is the Raspberry Pi for?

I wanted to use it for an Arduino project (with motor drivers for some NEMA17s) but have abandoned that project and that pi is repurposed for photo/video backup storage now. I will remove it from the workstation above and put a DIN rail in its place, onto which will go a PS and an ethernet switch as part of my PM 728 CNC conversion.

One of the disadvantages of the NUC is that it only has one ethernet port, and I need to drive two separate CNCs, one w/ Acorn the second with ESS/Mach4. I will use the switch to not have to swap cables out.

anyone know of a way to adapt a 3/8 in shaft servo motor to the 8mm coupler? Same with a .5 in servo to the 14mm coupler in the Precision Matthews CNC kit.

what are the shaft sizes on the screws? Might need to search a bit but lots of options.

I like this style
Shaft Encoder Connect D34 L45 Double diaphragm 5mm-14mm alloy Flexible Coupling | eBay
Thanks lmrk. The PM-728vt CNC kit shipped by Precision Matthews has 10mm ball screw shafts on x, y and z. The motor-ends of the couplers that came with the kit are 8mm for x and y and 14mm for z. I'm using ClearPath servos, and they are .375 in shafts for x and y and .5 in for z.

Thanks lmrk. The PM-728vt CNC kit shipped by Precision Matthews has 10mm ball screw shafts on x, y and z. The motor-ends of the couplers that came with the kit are 8mm for x and y and 14mm for z. I'm using ClearPath servos, and they are .375 in shafts for x and y and .5 in for z.
search for couplers
10 x 9.52
this is a style
3/8" x 10mm Flexible Jaw Spider Shaft Coupling CNC Stepper Motor Rare Coupler | eBay

10 x 12.7

from the above link you can get the 10x12.7
coupler.JPG

BTW, you might need to go with the same style as PM sent so they will fit with the mounts. I was able the make the mounts fit with the couplers

anyone know of a way to adapt a 3/8 in shaft servo motor to the 8mm coupler? Same with a .5 in servo to the 14mm coupler in the Precision Matthews CNC kit.
With those couplers each half can be selected for different shaft size, as I understand it. So you can just replace the motor halves.

Back