New PM-728V-T Mill

SRay, nice shop ! The only thing on the 728 that I wished they would have done was to eliminate 10' of that DRO cabling, its just sits there in a spool, can't imagine someone would want to remote mount that thing so far away. Make the extra cable length an option. And yes, the 728 was a retirement present to myself !

Just got my shipment notification! I ordered on 12/22. Got the mill with DRO and stand, X axis power feed, vise, and some other accessories. Sounds like a lot of the accessories are back in stock.
So it would seems that me and you are really on the same boat!!!! Just got my notice today as well. Not too sure how to get it down the 4-5 steps down to the basement yet but I’m sure with a couple of buddies it be fine.
Suggestions are welcome.

So it would seems that me and you are really on the same boat!!!! Just got my notice today as well. Not too sure how to get it down the 4-5 steps down to the basement yet but I’m sure with a couple of buddies it be fine.
Suggestions are welcome.
Take the head and table off and will be easy.

ON page 4 of manual they show head R&R. I can shoot some pics of mine w/DRO if that would help you.

Attachments

• 728 head r&r.pdf
    530.6 KB · Views: 168
I don't have a large shop area, however this setup works well for my limited space 1/2 of a double car garage, wife has her car on the other side.
My PM728 arrived on Thursday afternoon and I spent most of my time the last couple days unwrapping, setting it up for mounting on the stand, and checking function and operation. It seems like an excellent quality mill.
Finding that what others have said is true - tools are expensive and you are always looking for more/better to improve your skill level.

I really enjoy spending my retirement time in my little hobby shop area - my zen.
View attachment 354422
Congratulations! I'm going to retire in May, currently I do not own any machining equipment. But those are the exact machines I have in mind. I'm probably a year out at this point, I need to finish my Hot Rod project first.

Tim

First batch of "production" parts completed on the 728 - it works as it should.

(lawn mower repair parts I sell on eBay)

Attachments

• 728_first_run.JPG
    728_first_run.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 150
Back