New PM 932M-PDF arrival

Hardware for the handles. The cap screws thread into the leadscrews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e6d30dc2e77945b944b6c6adabdd9703.jpg
the longer handle is supposed to go on the Y axis so the table can come fully outboard.

I'm so stupid. the handle on the rt end of the table also has a small allen screw. are you using that too?

Yes. I think they all have allen screws.

the longer handle is supposed to go on the Y axis so the table can come fully outboard.

I’ll check mine when I get home tomorrow. I thought I matched the left and right handles, but maybe I didn’t

the wrench does not fit the headstock nuts. well, it goes on but is a sloppy fit and will damage them eventually.

the wrench does not fit the headstock nuts. well, it goes on but is a sloppy fit and will damage them eventually.

Correct. It doesn’t fit anything that I’ve found

Excellent conversation about the 932m setup
I’ve had mine about a year and a half and experienced many of the same issues.
Mine also came with a grinding noise in the two lowest gear settings (at no extra charge)
PM told me I should live with it and it would probably go away. Unfortunately it hasn’t
I do think I’m going to change the xy cranks for hand wheels because of clearance issues .

what filler did they use a hundred years ago?
I don't know what it was. I suspect it was something like plaster of Paris from the way it powdered. Had a slightly yellowish tint.

the stuff they used on my mill has about the strength of drywall mud (maybe slightly stronger). when I took the top plate off the column to do the clean up per the manual, it was stuck on. I tapped it very lightly with a plastic dead blow hammer and got yet another chip as the edge of the thick plate is built out of filler.

did a first tramming. the X axis was off .0035. was able to adjust to zero. used a rubber mallet to tap on the head after loosening the big nuts somewhat. was a little trial and error with over correcting till I got the hang of it.
tram X.jpg

Back