New PM 932M-PDF arrival

nod is off half a thou. would you mess with this?

Last edited:
PXL_20210913_150352184.jpg
tram Y.jpg

I did swing the tool around to various different angles and moved the table around both X and Y and the readings where consistent. the dial indicators are 6 in apart.

just watched David Best's video that he posted on the 940 thread so it looks like I have a few other things to check also.

just watched David Best's video that he posted on the 940 thread so it looks like I have a few other things to check also.
Grain of salt. I have never trimmed a mill before, but a half thou over 6” SEEMS pretty good to me on nod. Especially considering what you would need to do to correct it.

that's what I was thinking. esp since I'm a total newb to this and will not be making anything that needs ultra high precision anytime soon lol.

so I set up to install and indicate in my vise. while I had the test indicator on the spindle I thought I would check the table again. not sure if this is a good method for checking or not but I ran the indicator on the table for the full width in the X axis under power at low speed. the needle didn't move more than a half thou in the full length of travel from stop to stop and most of the way it was way less than that. I was amazed. I then hand cranked it in the Y axis across the full width of the table and it confirmed the half thou that showed with the double dial indicator method. what was interesting was that it stayed very close to zero from the back edge until it reached the front 2 inches or so. the double dial tool shows the variation but not where it occurs. I was going to try the method in David Best's vid but I hate to admit that I don't yet have a precision square.
PXL_20210914_145334385.jpg
PXL_20210914_145900608.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for David's post do you still have a link?

video on post number 10.

Thank you, I'll download it for when my mill gets here.

Back