New PM25MV on the way!

I am brand new to this forum . My first post. I purchased a PM25-MV for my technology students in September. We have not set it up yet because we are waiting on some electrical work to be done. The plan is to convert to CNC and this thread has been very helpful. Looking forward to seeing how things progress to the finished product!!!

I am brand new to this forum . My first post. I purchased a PM25-MV for my technology students in September. We have not set it up yet because we are waiting on some electrical work to be done. The plan is to convert to CNC and this thread has been very helpful. Looking forward to seeing how things progress to the finished product!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!
And Merry Christmas... or whatever you choose to celebrate.

IMO good choice of machinery... you will find lots of help here.

BTW: WE LOVE build threads... and the more pics the better... :)

Hopefully you've cleaned and oiled and greased it by now. That's a great mill to learn on. It's light enough to move around and it begs to be a CNC convert ;)

Bad news, Grizzly has pushed the saddle order back to the middle of February now. Unreal they don't stock enough parts on hand to service the machines they sell, but that seems to be the case with a lot of industries these days, with the proliferation of "Just In Time" inventory, that never seems to be just in time. Probably won't be much for updates until i get the saddle, i'm kinda stuck without it.

Got a quick update, took advantage of some after holiday sales and got me a box to mount my small machines on and a 12 x 18 surface plate. 003.JPG

Here's my temporary laptop set up, hooked to my garage flat screen.

004.JPG

In these photos, you can see the "new" z-axis gib that i got from Grizzly, I guess they want you to trim it to fit yourself. You can see in the second picture how rough it is, it almost looks like a bastard file. I'm going to make a new one out of brass, this is just way to rough to use.

005.JPG006.JPG

and here's the surface plate.

009.JPG

003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 009.JPG

Last edited:
Got some massive bad news today, my parts order has now been pushed back to the middle of April, guess i will buy a big chunk of metal and try to make a saddle myself. if nothing else, will give me practice with hand scraping. :angry:

they fibbed! The saddle shipped yesterday, and should be here this afternoon, oh happy day!!!!:applause:

This makes Matt look better; even when the 'slow boat from China (or in my case, Taiwan)' gets lost... :rofl:

Glad your part is coming... making that part would have been some SERIOUS chips.

Back