New PM932M-PDF on the way - Finally

Well, I look at it this way. A Grizzly G0755 with stand is basically the same as the PM932M with stand. Both have a cast stand, power X and Z with no power down feed on the quill. The Grizz comes in at $4575.00 delivered. The PM comes to your door at $3950.00. That's 625 bucks cheaper. But, the Grizzlies don't seem to have as many complaints about the grit. So, I look at it as I made 625 bucks in my pocket to tear it down and clean it up. In the process I got to see how it's built and fine tune things on reassembly. Plus, for what I do I have to have the power down feed on the quill. two thirds of my paying jobs are using the PDF. Plus, the service from PM has been outstanding.

I ordered the 932M-BASIC, so no X power feed or head lift motor. So, my base price was $2299. Nobody else has a mill with the spindle travel and a square column at that low of a price point.

If I have to clean it up, I’ll just remind my self about that.

I got an email today saying it shipped today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the 932M-BASIC, so no X power feed or head lift motor. So, my base price was $2299. Nobody else has a mill with the spindle travel and a square column at that low of a price point.

If I have to clean it up, I’ll just remind my self about that.

I got an email today saying it shipped today

It shipped! Nice. I bought mine to make money with and those extras sped up production by enough to pay the extra cost. If I was just going hobby I might not have got all the extras.

It shipped! Nice. I bought mine to make money with and those extras sped up production by enough to pay the extra cost. If I was just going hobby I might not have got all the extras.

I’ve never had a mill before and had already ordered a lathe, so didn’t want to spend the extra for something that’s not bringing in $. Glad I ordered when I did, the price has gone up a lot

FYI for those expecting a delivery soon. I got a call from the truck line this morning to schedule my delivery and I asked if the two pallets were stacked. They told me there were no instructions from the shipper to not stack them. PM has told me on several occasions they instruct the shipper to not stack. The truck line told me they will make sure they are not stacked when they get loaded on the lift gate truck locally. Hopefully that happens, I don't want to deal with stacked pallets.

FYI for those expecting a delivery soon. I got a call from the truck line this morning to schedule my delivery and I asked if the two pallets were stacked. They told me there were no instructions from the shipper to not stack them. PM has told me on several occasions they instruct the shipper to not stack. The truck line told me they will make sure they are not stacked when they get loaded on the lift gate truck locally. Hopefully that happens, I don't want to deal with stacked pallets.
I was concerned by your post about the crates being stacked one atop the other. when mine arrives I have to back my truck up to the lift gate and have the driver pallet jack them into my truck bed. I then have to drive across 150 or so feet of not too smooth turf to get to my shop. if the crates are stacked I would be concerned about the top one falling.

so I called Estes and the nice lady looked up my pro number and said that PM had requested in writing that the crates not be stacked.

Mine up showed today, exactly 6 months to the day from when I ordered it. It was shipped by Dayton Freight and did arrive on two pallets not stacked. Whew. When I looked at the freight ticket it clearly showed that Precision Matthews had specified it was not to be stacked. I don't know why the person that called to schedule delivery didn't see that.

The packaging was excellent and there was no damage what so ever. I have a small single axle trailer that I backed up to the lift gate of the delivery truck. I have my own pallet jack so we unloaded the first crate, the big one and rolled it to the front of my trailer. The driver then set the other crate on the back of my trailer. I have a walkout basement with a garage door to which I backed up and used a cherry picker to unload the base and the mill with no difficulty.

I did get the mill set on the base and have looked things over. The only issue I've seen so far is how the DRO is mounted to the column as its very sloppy. And, I don't think it will swing far enough forward. I'm going to move it to the side of the column and stiffen up the mounting mechanism.

The manual that came with the mill is somewhat lacking. I did download a manual from PM's website that is much better. I'm going to read thru them this evening and then do the complete inspection and set-up tomorrow.

Last edited:
17d7e42da5865c1ed6c7e8d7eb542a4a.jpg

Just got my PM-932M mill

Congrats! I picked up a 932V recently so I had no gear/oil/sand to worry about and I still tore everything down to clean. I had never used a mill before but breaking it down is a fairly easy, just don't do it in the back of your pick up like I did!

20210404_093540.jpg 20210403_123810.jpg

my 932M has been sitting at the trucking terminal on Orlando last 3 days. they said it had to be transferred to their small truck division to get the tailgate service. I live in a small town 2 hours from the terminal so I'm sure its sitting waiting for them to get a few other deliveries to my area as I haven't even got a call from them to schedule the delivery yet.

I've done a lot of inspection and cleaning and have found some things that need attention. I'm going to start a new thread to describe the Good, the Bad and Ugly things I have found.

Back