New project for pidjones - a Triumph this time

Just imagine my impatience. Past experience shows minimum 2 weeks cure of the lacquer, then 2k clear. A day or so later parts can be mounted. Today I see an ortho to learn if my right knee will hold up to kicking it. Otherwise, might need to get a friend to start it for me. Hopefully though, a little 'scoping and it will be good!

Good luck with the knee. I can wait.

Starting to look a little more like a motorcycle.
e33bf1481a1d5591326c51bed2345bc3.jpg

Got it out in the sun. It really has a green shade to it, but most photos make it look white. Tomorrow I go to an orthopedic doctor to see if it will be Ok for me to try kicking it. Right knee. Just started about a month ago, and isn't getting better. Suspect to either be arthritis or torn meniscus. Hoping for meniscus, because that should be repairable. The chain guard will take a while to figure out and get done. If it can be started, it will be ridden without. Little white tube sticking out of the top of the headstock is the end of my #2 carb tickler tool.DSC03162b.jpgDSC03160b.jpgDSC03161b.jpg

Doctor sez good news on the knee - no meniscus damage. It is deteriorating cartilage (arthritis) . Just do at-home PT and take anti-inflammatories. Can kick the bike off, just judge by pain if needed to do it less. So... gas it up soon!

Today, I moved the front brake cable to the right side of the headstock so it would not hit the front fender, and put 3M clear paint protector film under the key switch. Also have mirrors and fuel filters on order. Although I flushed this tank well, sleep will come easier with filters inline along with the in-tank screens.

"... Although I flushed this tank well, sleep will come easier with filters inline along with the in-tank screens..."
Do you think there are any pinholes or weepy seams down the road? The tanks on my older bike has an area I'm concerned with, plus I too fear there's dirt that didn't rinse out. I have Caswell's sealer on order, and when weather permits I'm going to seal anything (rust, cracks, dirt) up with the stuff. I know a lot of guys local are using it and swear by it. One of the neat things about the stuff is it laughs at ethanol gas. Which I have to suffer with occasionally.

The Triump looks great, you've done a really nice job on her. Been a while since I've sealed a tank, but as I recall the stuff I used back then wanted a pretty clean tank. Throw some nuts and bolts in with an acid cleaning solution, and shake the hell out of, rinse, yada yada yada. Had to take the dog out, so just took a look in the paint cabinet, and I still have a Three bottle kit of it "Kreem" pretty good luck with it in the past, but I'm sure there is better stuff available by now.

Back