Noga, and .0001 DTI

Good point. But IIRC the Haimer instructions call for a second indicator...

I was following the Heimer instructions, but I can see where that method would work.

Those bats don't need to be concentric to .0001 , but as a learning experience , cool . :encourage: You're doing great .

I had same issue with my tenth indicator and my Noga. The problem seems to be in the adjusting head, just not stable enough. I wanna try one with the adjuster at the base. Ended up using a rigis abse to set up my 3D taster. Love that thing too.

I had Noga's and couldn't use them for these same issues . Scrapped them . Lotta money spent for poor performance . When they go south , unfixable also . YMMV .

Remember when Mikey recommended us to get the PH2040 solid rod Noga because of the great price? This is one of the reasons why. It's gone up a bit since then but still a decent price.

This is also one of the reasons why I got rid of all my FAT (Fine Adjust on Top) Nogas (except one. I prefer FAB (Fine Adjust at Bottom) Nogas. The FATs are way too finicky & I actually have grown to really dislike them.

I remember that, I did buy one at the time, I just did not set it up for this episode.

The issue with the FABs is the spring tension is too soft IMO. In some cases if you wind the adjuster farther in it gets less sensitive but still annoyed me. But one shouldn't have to do this. I was going to try messing around with stiffer springs or whatever but I never bothered to try disassembling one to look. I just sold em all.

Back