Novice New To Machining

Apply power to see what happens, stop it, flip a leaver, & apply power again to see what happens. You'll figure it out.

There are a lot more photos he posted here: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/novice-new-to-machining.41154/

They are still dark photos. The controls look pretty unique to me.
Thanks, not that it gives much light to the situation...
The email reply is priceless (unless you are Rezwan)

@Rezwan Your just going to have to go play with it.
The good news is that the motor looks pretty simple to replace. It might just be easiest to just swap it out for something that you have electricity for.
Oh, and about your question for changing the oil. It does not appear the gears are in an oil bath. Just use a heavy lube such as what is used on motorcycle chains.

left lever probably is backgear, right lever probably is change direction of feeds

Reswan,
In looking at the pictures you had posted before. I agree that the black lever is back gears. the chrome lever is feed disconnect. I think if you look to the right side of the big gear on the main shaft you might find a button that will disconnect that gear and when the back gear lever is moved you will have back gears.

I to think the levers on the end of the lathe are for the back gears for slower and more power speeds and feeds. I'm pretty sure it's gears are not oil bath . Use some chainsaw bar oil on them if you don't have the right stuff, it is tacky and stays on the gears. there should be some oil holes or Git cup oilers on the machine. depending on your weather temps use a lighter spindle oil on the lathe , but use way oil on the ways and compound areas . More pictures of sides and top of the lathe will help . And yes your motor can be changed out easily if you can find one close to your hp rating. I would bet a 1 hp motor would work fine for you.

Thanks everyone for your reply. I wish I know a little more. As far as I know for the back gear of my lathe, I simply pull-and reverse/forward the lever (back gear) left of the spindle with addition to pull-push a pin (bull gear I guess) inside headstock and I get slow spindle speed.

And the lever which I am curious is attached to spindle with oil bath has three position. (I don't have a chance to rotato the chuck manually with changing the lever left right)
I think (think) this lever is for rotating something forward/neutral/reverse.

@Steve Shannon thank you very much sir.
@joshua43214 , @planeflyer21 thank you very much for your reply, please do comment/tell me anything you wish (criticise is also welcomed)

I think I am not making any senses. (I mean what do you expect from someone who does not know what he is talking about) Forgive my ignorance.

Thanks

You're doing just fine, Rezwan! The lever you think is for forward/neutral/reverse is probably to engage the gears which are used for feeding the carriage, which could include threading.
If you don't find a plug to drain that oil bath you can always use a syringe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It appears he cannot apply power to his lathe because it is a 3phase 400v motor.

Rezwan, this motor can be changed. What is the voltage available at your house? For example here I have 120v and 240v.

@Steve Shannon I went to visit my lathe today and cleaned it a little. My camera was not around and I took only two picture of change gear with my phone.

I replied after fifteen days and certainly not hoping for response I guess.

Edit: I put my lathe in my fathers place where 220/450Volts available (huge space as well) And it is a little far away from capital where I live.

Back