Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
This is my first go around with the pass around box. WOW, what a box, made to fit the USPS box perfectly. Great job putting it together. Thanks for letting me participate in this.
I was able to go through it this evening and repack it, ready to ship in the AM.
Here’s my take from the box, the taps were multiples of each so I took one of each.

D530B9A8-0A45-4A8C-8F5E-5097D5932CEA.jpeg

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
SClead, hope you like the tap guide, I made me one, and decided it would be good for the box so I made another. Did another in which I did concave tip for other taps. I know I still have not got the stuff off my phone so I can post it.

S

SCLead

Forum Guest
Register Today
SClead, hope you like the tap guide, I made me one, and decided it would be good for the box so I made another. Did another in which I did concave tip for other taps. I know I still have not got the stuff off my phone so I can post it.
Thank you! I'm definitely a fan. I've got the small, regular ol' 1/2" diameter one with reversible pointed/concave tip that I made, but I wound my own spring which rendered it pretty much useless. It's better at jamming up than anything else. For some reason, I never remember to hit the spring drawer when I'm at the hardware store to bring it to life. Yours is much more stout, my first thought was using it to locate center punched parts in the drill press :grin:

kvt

Active User
It would prob work for that as well. Made the shells, THen measured ordered a pack of springs off Amazon, Then measured the collapsed height and make the plungers. Hope it works well for you

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
The box arrived today...... I’m not sure how long it’s going to take me to get it moving again hopefully sometime next week.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
I pulled out most of the stuff I put in the box last time and I filled it completely. I will post pictures when I get back to the shop. Box will be in the mail this week.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
The box was shipped to Brento on 8/24/18......

This is what I removed from the box....All the stuff I put in the box the last couple times.....
20180827_214938.jpg

New to me......
20180827_214911.jpg
I Love you for this plate.....
20180827_214933.jpg

Brento

Registered
Registered
I received the box and went through it. All packed back up and should be heading out by latest wednesday.

Brento

Registered
Registered
Ill have pictures posted tmr when i get everything boxed up completely.

Brento

Registered
Registered
My take on the box. Gage pins were a great take for me. Will deffinately be usefull in the future. On another note i have never used a GTD tap before can someone explain to me how to use one? Box will be shipped tmr right after work. All boxed and labeled ready to go.

image.jpg

extropic

Active User
Registered
Nice haul Brento.

Do you mean that you've never tapped a hole?

GTD, AFAIK, is the mark of Greenfield Tap and Die, a long time maker of . . .

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
I think he might be talking about a spiral flute tap and thinking that GTD relates to that..... GTD just stands for Greenfield tap and die....

Brento

Registered
Registered
No one of the taps i picked out had a single flute for a metric thread. If i remember corectly i believe that style tap doesnt cut the threads but more or less forms it by moving the material?

On other news the box is on its way.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
No one of the taps i picked out had a single flute for a metric thread. If i remember corectly i believe that style tap doesnt cut the threads but more or less forms it by moving the material?

Ohhh you mean the M6 cold forming tap?? The tap on the far right in your pictures?? They are usually used more for power tapping sheet metal.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Yes thats it. Can you use them for other things as well?
I have seen them used in a cnc for tapping blind holes..... Chuck it up and give it hell.... I have another box of those.....lol

Brento

Registered
Registered
What drill size would you use for that since that tap isnt like a standard style tap

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Box has arrived and I've removed some stuff. I'll repack and take pics tomorrow. Since Monday is Labor Day, I'll get it out Tuesday.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Im happy that you guys are taking the 1/8-27 pipe taps none of my friends want them.....

Last edited:

Brento

Registered
Registered
I thought i had one or two but one is one from work used and another from my grandfather used alot so a nice sharp one is great to have

Logan 400

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I emptied the box last night and found a reamer broken so I removed it. I repaired the loose thread so the screw will tighten down properly. Thanks to all who have contributed to this box. This is what I kept from the box.
KIMG1515.jpg
I will post when I ship to the next in line in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock