Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brento

Registered
Registered
@Cooter Brown wouldnt happen to have any pin gauges you want to get rid of do ya? Ive been drooling to find some in the box after seeing people pull them out.

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I'm willing to toss my name in the ring as well, if it keeps things alive a bit longer. I'm available now, or I can wait. Only possible delay is I can only ship out on Fridays, but that shouldn't cause more than a few days delay at worst.
SCLead...sent you a PM. Please make sure you read the rules at the beginning of the thread and I'll add you to the list once you respond with contact info.

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Am I on the list? I’m thinking I put my name in the hat some time back.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok, Whose next Just got an email from Cooter Brown, Asked to move him down a bit and send to the next in line, Have not looked to see who it is yet. Will be some time next week.

kvt

Active User
next and got a reply. Will work on getting it out next week. Have to be out this weekend and work so will keep advised.

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hey gang,

Just want to write up a quick set of guidelines for item selection and packing instructions for those of you that are new and also a reminder for those of us who have participated in the past. The rules aren't hard fast - exceptions apply, but try to use the following guidelines when you are packing the box back up:

1) Avoid adding duplicate items. Things like duplicate drill bits, drill chucks and the sort are a good example here.

2) If you find a broken item in the box, please remove it and do not put it back in the box. If you can remember to do so, let people know if you found a broken item.

3) Avoid brittle or delicate items such as stones or carbide tools prone to breakage - UNLESS - you have a good way to protect the item from damage.

4) Avoid soft, flexible items that could be crushed or bent in transit, things like bristle brushes or feeler gages - UNLESS - again, you have a good way to protect the item from damage.

Just want to be clear, I'm not trying to discourage any effort people have put into this project this year - but rather encourage people to take precautions to make the Pass Around Box 2018 group a great success!

There are rules and guidelines at the beginning of the this thread - if you have a chance please take a look at those as well if you have any questions.

Thanks,
vtcnc

kvt

Active User
All the package is on it's way,
did take out some of the stuff that was damaged and a few items that I could use.
started to take some of the items that were dups or that had been in for a long time out to make room for more new stuff. but did not.
figured a few others could take more out prior to getting it back to Cooter Brown. He wanted it lightened a bit. Now at just over 40 lbs
Will try to get pics off my phone later.

Does anyone know of a way to turn brass flex lap back into a round flex lap after it gets smashed There were a bunch of small ones in the box, That I could use, but they were all bent and smashed up. Can still use the big one with no problems just a little clean up but the small ones are a bit more than just nicks etc.
Also what is the best way to patch a hole in a brass oil can, if I want to use it for say way oil. Will standard lead solder work or do I need something better.

Logan 400

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I would like to see what's in the box.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
All the package is on it's way,
did take out some of the stuff that was damaged and a few items that I could use.
started to take some of the items that were dups or that had been in for a long time out to make room for more new stuff. but did not.
figured a few others could take more out prior to getting it back to Cooter Brown. He wanted it lightened a bit. Now at just over 40 lbs
Will try to get pics off my phone later.

Does anyone know of a way to turn brass flex lap back into a round flex lap after it gets smashed There were a bunch of small ones in the box, That I could use, but they were all bent and smashed up. Can still use the big one with no problems just a little clean up but the small ones are a bit more than just nicks etc.
Also what is the best way to patch a hole in a brass oil can, if I want to use it for say way oil. Will standard lead solder work or do I need something better.

Damn it sucks to hear those laps got smashed, I’ll make sure to put them in a hard container next time. Fixing that hole should w damn it sucks to hear those labs got smashed, I’ll make sure to put them in a hard container next time. Silver solder should work well fixing that hole if that doesn’t work you can always try JB Weld.

kvt

Active User
Send VTCNC a pm, he will tell you what he needs. It is good to get more in on this we still have a few months left in the year.

S

SCLead

Forum Guest
Register Today
Found the box waiting when I got home today. I'll dig in this weekend and get it out next week. I'll try my level best to get it out before next Friday, so I'm not tying it up for a week, but I unfortunately can't guarantee anything earlier than Friday.

S

SCLead

Forum Guest
Register Today
Back in the mail already! I suspect Z2V should have it by Wednesday of next week.

Brento

Registered
Registered
Im excited to see the box again i know i am after Cooter so ill give him the address as well. Just for a heads up if i do get the box by the weekend i wont be home all of saturday and most of sunday so latest id get to look at it would be monday but that should be no problem of getting it out tuesday. Wednesday at the latest.

Edit: also looking forward to pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock