Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun and to make sure the recipient is ready for the weight. I think it is fun to list the weight per the post office each time the box gets shipped.
That is why I listed the shipping weight of 39 lbs 13 oz, Per the P.O. label on the box it was 35 lb 2.4 oz as I received it. What I took out was not very heavy but what I added was.

When you ship it the weight is not printed on the reciept, you have to ask what the weight is. The weight is printed on the label that goes onto the box after you pay. With a box this heavy I would not do the online label and dump it into a drop box, First there is a chance of damage to this box and/or its contents falling 3 or 4 feet to the bottom of the collection bin, there is also a good chance of destroying any package that is already in the box that this would land on. Besides it is fun to see the look on the clerks face when they try to lift it onto the scale.

Last edited:
Sage advice! .. (not to mention parsley, rosemary and thyme) :)

Hadn't thought about the possible damage to previous packages in the drop box. I'll take it to the counter when it's time to send it off - after going to the kiosk to get the label. And I'll write the weight on the box with a large Sharpie while I'm there.

The weight will be printed on the label that the PO sticks on the box, Once you give them the box and they print the label to get the weight on it they are not supposed to give it back for you to do anything to it, You could be damaging it and they would be liable up to the $50 insurance that is included.

I had to get the CAUTION HEAVY stickers at the counter, They do not have them out where you can just take them, You have to ask for them.

It is more fun to post the weight here so that we can watch it grow and shrink as various items are added or removed. Just do not try to equate weight with value, a given part could be very heavy and not worth much or a part could be very light weight but be very expensive.

Last edited:
The box is on the way.

Expected delivery 11-9-2020

Weight 39 lbs, 13 oz
Should have gotten there.
If it has not, get a refund and send a where is my mail email.
I have had to do the email thing 2 times this month.

Should have gotten there.
If it has not, get a refund and send a where is my mail email.
I have had to do the email thing 2 times this month.
Veteran's Day and COVID may be delaying things. @Flyinfool - Check your tracking on it and let us know the status.

Veteran's Day and COVID may be delaying things. @Flyinfool - Check your tracking on it and let us know the status.
I ordered a lube chart off fleabay in Oct., took 2 weeks to get from Boston to Williamsport, pa.
Ordered stuff from Shars and LMS, both arrived early.
Tool bit examples took 1 week to get from WA to PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back