Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, I was starting to get worried about that poor little box.

Glad it made it, I am assuming / hoping in one piece.

I forgot to warn you, there may be a bit of tension on the lid, It was pretty solidly packed...... :rolleyes:

Everything was fine and in great shape. No problem with lid. The contents must have settled during transit. You did a great job packing it!

I've pretty well decided what I want to keep, and will have it repacked and sent off by Monday. I'll post again and include a photo or two of what I'm taking.

Hey can I still sign up for this?

OK, here's what I kept:
kHPIM0397.jpg
Had more stuff to add than there was room for, but I managed to squeeze most of it in.

Then I made a small modification to the box. The cover plate, BEAUTIFUL as it is, with the (laser?) engraved logo, had square edges. It ripped up the first flat rate box I tried to get it into. So I rounded off the corners and edges, reducing the circumference just a skosh. It's now sealed into the box, addresses both inside and out, ready to take to the post office Monday.

Cool! What are those two large cylinders?

OK, here's what I kept:
View attachment 344170
Had more stuff to add than there was room for, but I managed to squeeze most of it in.

Then I made a small modification to the box. The cover plate, BEAUTIFUL as it is, with the (laser?) engraved logo, had square edges. It ripped up the first flat rate box I tried to get it into. So I rounded off the corners and edges, reducing the circumference just a skosh. It's now sealed into the box, addresses both inside and out, ready to take to the post office Monday.

Good Luck with that S7 if you only have a small flat belt lathe it will be like cutting concrete with a butter knife.....lol

Erich - Cooter named the smaller one - S7. The other is marked "ER-50." Don't think that the alloy, maybe the project it was intended for. Anyway, it's mildly magnetic, so I'd assume it's a 400 series steinless.
Cooter - I have a Grizzly 12x24 with a 1 ½ or 2HP motor (forget which it is). Just tried both of the cylinders. The S-7 is tough, indeed. But with good carbide tools and not too deep a cut, I think it will be OK to turn.

You can buy ER 50 collets. Maybe it was the start of an ER 50 collet chuck.

Erich - Cooter named the smaller one - S7. The other is marked "ER-50." Don't think that the alloy, maybe the project it was intended for. Anyway, it's mildly magnetic, so I'd assume it's a 400 series steinless.
Cooter - I have a Grizzly 12x24 with a 1 ½ or 2HP motor (forget which it is). Just tried both of the cylinders. The S-7 is tough, indeed. But with good carbide tools and not too deep a cut, I think it will be OK to turn.
Ah! I didn't realize it was stock, I thought it was going to be some sort of cylinder square or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back