Pitfalls to these Lyon cabinets for sale?

yea, I wish. You can't easily get them in a basement... you can get them in.. just not easily, and they are not coming out with out a crew even empty.

I would put some really heavy duty casters on those things. You will need to move them and you will load them up. Casters will make them manageable.

I would put some really heavy duty casters on those things. You will need to move them and you will load them up. Casters will make them manageable.
I have them installed on my small one at work , but it never gets moved Mike . Someone stated above the depth was too much . I will say , these are made more on the lines of mechanics boxes . Machinist tools aren't that heavy . Weight till he loads it up ! ( No pun intended ) :big grin:

he doesn't need it, he just picked up a pallet jack. He only needs to be able to get under them.... a better solution.. one jack, many options.

he doesn't need it, he just picked up a pallet jack. He only needs to be able to get under them.... a better solution.. one jack, many options.
I think Mike meant for turning into a roll around box .

I've moved mine at least three times, easiest was when I had the forklift. Depth isn't a problem if you have a bench that's the same.

View attachment 391430

JOhn
A forklift is the answer, but I don't have one. I was quite disappointed the pallet jack won't fit into rails because of the wheels. I was able to use it by tilting and sliding it onto the top of the forks. It's not ideal, but it worked, and my options are limited. These boxes will reside next to each other against a wall, and won't move until I do after retirement. I plan to put a top across them, and I should be good to go - until the next time :grin:

A forklift is the answer, but I don't have one. I was quite disappointed the pallet jack won't fit into rails because of the wheels. I was able to use it by tilting and sliding it onto the top of the forks. It's not ideal, but it worked, and my options are limited. These boxes will reside next to each other against a wall, and won't move until I do after retirement. I plan to put a top across them, and I should be good to go - until the next time :grin:
it looked like you had a narrow pallet jack.
They wouldn't fit between the rails?
Did they match the existing rails? I have an idea... :rolleyes:

it looked like you had a narrow pallet jack.
They wouldn't fit between the rails?
Did they match the existing rails? I have an idea... :rolleyes:
The forks lineup and would fit just fine, but the thickness of the front wheels inside the forks is the deal-breaker. The wheel assembly is taller than the rail opening.

1. so what I am thinking is if you have any I beam, cut the side of one of the ends off, and mount them to provide space, and just chop a few pieces off. you don't need full length I beam..
  2. SQUARE tubing. cut out 4 pieces per cabinet, put them in the corners on top of the existing runners. The wheels can now come out in the areas where the tubing is not.
  3. using some flat bar, tack the pieces to the existing runners on the sides.
  4. edit: cut out where the wheels can come out the bottom, so that you use the original runners (why didn't I think of that first. you only need a small section removed.
I like #2..

waiting to see what you do. I'm sure you have other ideas..

Back