Pitfalls to these Lyon cabinets for sale?

Emco Super 11 lathe weighs about 600# as configured and an 800# RF-31. Can push the mill around with one finger.

Have you ever had isues with keeping things level when moving them at all Mikey? Especially the lathe.

funny, those vidmars don't look ugly to me...

They are rough cosmetically. I cleaned each bearing out with brake cleaner and lubed. They work great now.

I had to weld one of the drawer fronts back on as well remove this goofy latch setup. Like I said, ugly and functional. Perfect for out of sight.

6BB47CCB-2752-4291-A9D0-7930D1B6C3FF.jpeg

They are rough cosmetically. I cleaned each bearing out with brake cleaner and lubed. They work great now.

I had to weld one of the drawer fronts back on as well remove this goofy latch setup. Like I said, ugly and functional. Perfect for out of sight.

View attachment 391549
Not bad at all. Sorry, I don't share your view.. or pain... looks pretty good to me.

Have you ever had isues with keeping things level when moving them at all Mikey? Especially the lathe.

Every time I move the lathe, I have to re-level it. However, that isn't as bad as it sounds. Since the lathe is already leveled on top of the cabinet, when I move it and lower the leveling feet I just need to get it solid and do a quick 2-collar test to get it close enough to work. Once I move it back to its usual site, I precisely level it with the 2-collar test using just the leveling casters and I'm done. Usually takes me about 10 minutes, although God can be a jokester at times and make me go longer.

I don't hesitate to move my machines when I have to because when I have to move them, I have to move them. Been doing this for 40 years and really have no complaints. After all, I live in Hawaii!

Lucky you lol. You have issues with rust due to the salt mixture?

Sometimes I do, especially if I get lazy and don't coat something with oil. I live a mile from the ocean so I do have to be diligent but I love living here and would not want to live anywhere else. I discovered that Corrosion Block is really good for keeping things rust-free in a salty environment so its my new best friend.

You try the crc sp350 or sp400? Im thinking of using that up here in NY.

What casters are you using on vidmar style cabs? Ideally would be low profile, hard wheel, heavy duty (, and affordable).

Back