PM-727V or PM-30MV

That ebay listing also says that the CNC motor can go up to 24,000 RPM, that seems a bit high if not impossible, but that would be a sight to see lol.

It depends on your needs, I do some small work in steel and non-ferrous metals and 28,800 to 36,000 RPM is very handy to have for end mills at 0.8mm and 0.6mm

It is my understanding that a receptacle /plug at the machine counts as a disconnect. No other device needed. Correct?
Also, how can it be a problem with code to plug a lower amp draw device into a 50amp receptacle? Does NEC even comment on this? I can plug a 1 amp device into a 20 amp 120v receptacle all day long. Right now I am running a 50 amp receptacle with a lathe that only uses 8 amps. The device was not even plugged in for inspection. The electrician was aware of the "mismatch" and didn't say a word. I wanted the higher amp service for future devices. I do agree the power cord could be at risk, but I don't think NEC covers that?
I confess that I am only considering residential use. I don't know if industrial use would change this analysis.
Robert

I have both a plug/receptacle and a 30A wall switch on both my lathe and mill. Reason I have the switch is because I have VFDs on both machines and I want to simply flip a switch to kill power at the outlet as VFDs don't have a on/off switch. Well at least mine don't. :)

The sub-panel with the circuit breakers is about 10' away.

Another thing to consider is that the breakers you install in a panel weren't designed to be used in the same way a wall switch for your lights is. It isn't designed for regular on/off operation. I guess if you leave the lathe on all the time it doesn't matter though :)

Another thing to consider is that the breakers you install in a panel weren't designed to be used in the same way a wall switch for your lights is. It isn't designed for regular on/off operation. I guess if you leave the lathe on all the time it doesn't matter though :)

Which is why I have the wall switches right above the outlet. CBs are not designed to be flipped on and off like a light switch, and the plug/receptacle is not designed to be plugged/unplugged daily either.

So, I got the machine on Thursday afternoon, I have it in my garage and I've been working on removing the saddle + milling table, I've got the Y Axis lead screw off and the saddle gib, but I'm curious now, is there any way to remove the backlash protection piece, WITHOUT removing the table off the saddle? This is the piece i'm talking about for reference:

View attachment 258642

So, have you made any chips with it yet? I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these..

It's a toss up between the 932 and the 30, at the moment.

Back