PM1440GT Is in the shop!

Good stuff getting it going. I love Wago connectors.

Next up - Need to deal with the free spin "thing" - Do the motor tune (if I need to do that?) and redo the wiring. Right now it's an ocopus of long wires and wagos.

Unless you know the motor parameters to use and want to enter them manually then you'd want to auto tune. You'll need to remove the belts.

I got the motor tuning completed, wiring buttoned up, and I'm ready for a nap. Time to move it into it's final place!

Also, two stage switch is dangling there. Need to either get a 20mm bit or a different switch. I'm just going to mount it on the control box.

Attachments

• 22-02-06 12-51-13 6960.jpg
    22-02-06 12-51-13 6960.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 22-02-06 12-51-18 6961.jpg
    22-02-06 12-51-18 6961.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 88
The only concern I have now is the resistor setup in the VFD. I have a 47ohm 400 watt resistor installed but it is detected as 35 - Normal? Something to be concerned about?

Attachments

• ApplicationFrameHost_duyBIGbXWV.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_duyBIGbXWV.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 92
Normal, for it to put in some default value for the braking resistor. Use a mini toggle for the brake rate switch.

Congratulations on your completion.

Your photo shows that 35 Ohm is the factory default value. Code line b097, I am pretty sure you can program it by hand and b095 is where it is enabled. However, if you are unsure of the value and you have a decent VOM I suggest that you measure the device when disconnected to determine the DC resistance. Make sure you make very good electrical contact or your reading maybe high. I doubt that the wire wound resistors have any significant inductive component at these low frequencies, but I do not know what device you purchased so who knows for sure what they put in it?

Dave L.

Congratulations on your completion.

Your photo shows that 35 Ohm is the factory default value. Code line b097, I am pretty sure you can program it by hand and b095 is where it is enabled. However, if you are unsure of the value and you have a decent VOM I suggest that you measure the device when disconnected to determine the DC resistance. Make sure you make very good electrical contact or your reading maybe high. I doubt that the wire wound resistors have any significant inductive component at these low frequencies, but I do not know what device you purchased so who knows for sure what they put in it?

Dave L.

Thanks! I think the hardest part so far was taking the belts off the motor. :|

That's the resistor I have - The doc floating around here for VFD setup says it automatically sets that value - it's not editable as far as I can tell.

Back