PM1440GT Is in the shop!

Limit switch needs to be dual through (DPDT), the Amazon switch is a SPDT with one NO/NC/common

Honeywell GLLA01D
Honeywell GLLA01C

Automation Direct ABM1E32Z11

The pivoting lever give one longer travel, these use metal rollers. They are two separate switch circuits.
DPDT Roller limit Switch.jpg

Limit switch needs to be dual through (DPDT), the Amazon switch is a SPDT with one NO/NC/common

Honeywell GLLA01D
Honeywell GLLA01C

Automation Direct ABM1E32Z11

The pivoting lever give one longer travel, these use metal rollers. They are two separate switch circuits.

Thanks dude.

I got all of the factory high voltage wiring out of the cabinet, some fresh 240 going in, and have all of the factory controls working!

I've done most of the VFD programming at this point, but waiting on some shielded cable and another review of the VFD settings and config.

Next up while I wait for a couple odds and ends to be delivered I'll install a lighted e-stop and speed control in the front panel .

Congratulations! Nice feeling!

Not gonna lie. I forgot the put the side cover back on and was really cranky for about 10 seconds before I remembered the interlock on it!

Still waiting on parts, and deciding if I want two stage braking. But got a lighted e-stop installed along with speed 5k pot.

Also put an EMI filter in my electrical box but no photos.

Attachments

• 22-02-01 17-18-38 6932.jpg
    22-02-01 17-18-38 6932.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
I would recommend having the option of 2 braking rates, in particular for threading you want quick stops. It is easy enough to implement, and nominal cost of a small toggle switch. I do use input line filters on my machines, more preventive as opposed to necessary.

I would recommend having the option of 2 braking rates, in particular for threading you want quick stops. It is easy enough to implement, and nominal cost of a small toggle switch. I do use input line filters on my machines, more preventive as opposed to necessary.

I'm sure I'll add it. Later.

I have the switch for 1 or 3 second braking. Since I do all threading away from headstock and no proximity sensor. I never use the 3 second setting. I've had up to 4" stock but never enough inertia that it faulted on a braking overload. 8" 4 jaw is my biggest chuck. Maybe larger chuck, heavier load you might need the longer time. It is the simplest thing to add.

I have the switch for 1 or 3 second braking. Since I do all threading away from headstock and no proximity sensor. I never use the 3 second setting. I've had up to 4" stock but never enough inertia that it faulted on a braking overload. 8" 4 jaw is my biggest chuck. Maybe larger chuck, heavier load you might need the longer time. It is the simplest thing to add.

It's something I'll definitely add. I'm just focused on making the "basic" things work and spin before adding new things.

Back