PM1440GT

Just did the same about a week ago. February will not come fast enough
Congratulations Chris.
did you order the PM1440GT?
I am number 41 on the waiting list. Did they tell you what number you are?
I assumed they told you mid February for the lathe to arrive in the states.

Yes I did order the 1440GT. John didnt tell me my number but did tell me February. Now I just have to come up with a spider for it.

I did a lot of research before selecting the PM1440GT.
I believe we made a good choice.
BTW, what is your experience level?
I have had a lot of experience but it has been many years since I run a lathe.
I am ready to get back into it.

I did as well. Been researching for most of the year. My experience is beginner. So new. But looking forward to adding options to my clients. Decided it was time to stop farming out barrel making to other gunsmiths. My first project will be to build a spider for the lathe. I have been tiring to find plans but for some reason when I clicked on a few links on the forums I get errors. will have to try a different computer tomorrow.

Do a search on YouTube for PM1440GT lathes and you will see several videos from a gunsmith named Gavin something. Anyway he made a video of making a spider for his 1440.

Oh I know. His walk trough videos on the lathe is what really sold me. Problem is I don’t have a mill so would have to find someone with a mill or farm that part out.

I did as well. Been researching for most of the year. My experience is beginner. So new. But looking forward to adding options to my clients. Decided it was time to stop farming out barrel making to other gunsmiths. My first project will be to build a spider for the lathe. I have been tiring to find plans but for some reason when I clicked on a few links on the forums I get errors. will have to try a different computer tomorrow.
PM-1340GT spider plans are here. Easily modifiable for the 1440.

Decloaking just long enough to mention that I ordered a 1440GT mid Feb, 2021. I've been given several tentative dates throughout the summer. I asked about it last week and was told they have no idea when it will leave Taiwan, which is probably better than another promise they won't keep. I'm not ******, it appears to be a global problem, but I'm certainly frustrated.
JTR67, did you get your lathe? If so when?

Man, I know how it goes with supply chain crap! I just sealed (Friday last) a big Biomedical order for a brand new ICU system, customer wire transferring the funds tomorrow...... The production and shipping is totally out of my control and anyone's guessl
Very different times now! .... Friggin stressful!

I have not recieved it yet but I have been told that it is on a ship which left Tiawan about a month ago, unloaded some of it's cargo a few days ago in Savannah Georgia and is now churning up the East coast enroute to Baltimore. Then there's customs, then the container needs to get to PM, then they do whatever they do, then it has to survive a trip to Oregon in the winter. So, it's looking like it will be arriving a full 12 months from when I ordered it. Hopefully nothing gets in the way of that. I have visions of a massive pileup on an ice covered highway with my truck on it's side. Ugh. I can't blame PM on this one, only thing they did was design a very popular machine. The supply chain prob is world wide.

Back