PM1440GT

I have not recieved it yet but I have been told that it is on a ship which left Tiawan about a month ago, unloaded some of it's cargo a few days ago in Savannah Georgia and is now churning up the East coast enroute to Baltimore. Then there's customs, then the container needs to get to PM, then they do whatever they do, then it has to survive a trip to Oregon in the winter. So, it's looking like it will be arriving a full 12 months from when I ordered it. Hopefully nothing gets in the way of that. I have visions of a massive pileup on an ice covered highway with my truck on it's side. Ugh. I can't blame PM on this one, only thing they did was design a very popular machine. The supply chain prob is world wide.
Where are you in Oregon - I'm in Portland.

Hey David. I never noticed that before. BTW, I've really enjoyed your posts. I'm out in the woods an hour and a half or so south of you.

I have not recieved it yet but I have been told that it is on a ship which left Tiawan about a month ago, unloaded some of it's cargo a few days ago in Savannah Georgia and is now churning up the East coast enroute to Baltimore. Then there's customs, then the container needs to get to PM, then they do whatever they do, then it has to survive a trip to Oregon in the winter. So, it's looking like it will be arriving a full 12 months from when I ordered it. Hopefully nothing gets in the way of that. I have visions of a massive pileup on an ice covered highway with my truck on it's side. Ugh. I can't blame PM on this one, only thing they did was design a very popular machine. The supply chain prob is world wide.
I am glad you are getting your lathe soon. It is very disappointing for me to know I may have to wait until next November to get my lathe. I sure hope it is worth the wait.
please keep us posted on getting your lathe. I will also be very interested in hearing your thought on your lathe as you start to using it.

I just put a deposit on a PM1440GT with DRO.
it is supposed to be landing in the states mid February.
Just received my PM 1440 GT. I have to wire in the Hitichi VFD. I have wired in 2 other VFDs. I was hoping some one had a drawing of the wire location for the 1440 GT. With the 3 hp 3phase

Hey David. I never noticed that before. BTW, I've really enjoyed your posts. I'm out in the woods an hour and a half or so south of you.
David is our resident genius.

Just received my PM 1440 GT. I have to wire in the Hitichi VFD. I have wired in 2 other VFDs. I was hoping some one had a drawing of the wire location for the 1440 GT. With the 3 hp 3phase
Congratulations. Please let us know your thoughts on th lathe.

"Just received my PM 1440 GT. I have to wire in the Hitichi VFD. I have wired in 2 other VFDs. I was hoping some one had a drawing of the wire location for the 1440 GT. With the 3 hp 3phase"

I assume you are looking for basic controls, information should be in this thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

I drew out the circuits for the PM1440GT 3phase as they came from the factory before I started my VFD conversion. I then wrote them up and tried to explain them in my post listed below. I also posted my solid state conversion there allong with pictures and diagrams in the documents. Anyway, if you down load the file I listed as Part I you will find what you need to understand how mine was built at the factory. If you want to see how I did my VFD conversion you also download Part II and look at the figures.
VFD conversion using solid state electronic components.
If you have questions I will be glad to answer them. If you have any thoughts or concerns about my effort I would love to hear them.

Dave L.

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm still trying to figure how to properly get around in here. I just purchased a PM1440GT. The wait was a killer. Looking for some people to give recommendations for a couple upgrades

Back