POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Made this for my 6in rotary table making it a 8in with a cut out for 2 1/4 x 1/2 keyway stock giving me a 90 when I need it. Each hole is taped for 6mm and drilled and reamed to take a 1/4 dowel. All of my clamps are 6mm and they work with the 3 pallets I've made.
View attachment 465281
The center pin is a centering pin and it all locks into a MT2 mandrel that I made for the table. I copied Quinn's jig to round corners and can use that with or without the pallet.
View attachment 465282
Having lots of fun with this mill and lathe....
Nice Job, it looks great! What did you make it out of?

Moving & setup time (plus lack of Dark Skies) led to me donating everything to a local club. Also, the best viewing season up here is Winter!
The whole of out town had a power cut the other week from around 1:30 to 4:00 AM.
I went out to check and the sky was awesome, I havnt seen such a dark sky for a few years, so many stars and deep space objects I couldnt make out the common constellations.
It really made me realise just how much light pollution there is here.

Got the tumbler assembly out yesterday. sludge had plugged the lube port for the right side bushing and shaft some years ago I suspect.
IMG_7188.jpeg

Cleaned things up and assessed the damage
IMG_7198.jpeg

Shaft is .008 under size now, apparently things got bad enough that the bushing spun inside the housing. ID of the bushing was .012 over.

IMG_7202.jpeg
Will see if available from Clausing. Worse comes worse I'll chuck it up in the mill and file emory cloth down to .640 then make a bushing to match.

Will see if available from Clausing. Worse comes worse I'll chuck it up in the mill and file emory cloth down to .640 then make a bushing to match.
Repair that after you get the lathe together, you don't need power feed to fix those parts! You can still prep and paint, just make them the last parts installed.

You can bore the bushing and sleeve the shaft for free$

The whole of out town had a power cut the other week from around 1:30 to 4:00 AM.
I went out to check and the sky was awesome, I havnt seen such a dark sky for a few years, so many stars and deep space objects I couldnt make out the common constellations.
It really made me realise just how much light pollution there is here.
I was always trying to recapture the skies in the middle of the Atlantic: one of the only benefits of standing mid-watches.

328 lbs of steel to the scrapper at .04 cents a lb . 2 little tractor batteries . Netted $17.10 ! :grin: Going up to get a cheeseburger with it , hope I don't have to pull my wallet out . :rolleyes:

328 lbs of steel to the scrapper at .04 cents a lb . 2 little tractor batteries . Netted $17.10 ! :grin: Going up to get a cheeseburger with it , hope I don't have to pull my wallet out . :rolleyes:
You’ll still have find a cheap place to eat. On the news this morning they were saying the price of a Big Mac at some locations in New York City is up to $18.00

Back