POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

woodchucker

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
downloaded some of the videos. You cut those without using a way to put any tension on the jaws?

extropic

Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
@GreatOldOne

The video files only played sound.

I tried to download two of them. Neither would play.

Can you post them in a way or place where they work properly?

GreatOldOne

R'lyeh Engineering Works
H-M Supporter Gold Member
downloaded some of the videos. You cut those without using a way to put any tension on the jaws?
No - I had equally sized blocks between the jaws and tightened them up to tension them in the inward direction.
@GreatOldOne
The video files only played sound.

I tried to download two of them. Neither would play.

Can you post them in a way or place where they work properly?
hmmm - that’s odd. They’re just .mov files. I’ll try again later once I’ve gotten logged into work and cleared the decks.

Shootymacshootface

I make little metal out of big metal.
I have been using an entire hub assembly as an adapter to balance 8 lug wheels on my old Snap On tire balancer. The tire, rim, hub assy, and the balancers shaft and cones are really heavy, so I thought that I would lighten it up. It was too big for my bandsaw, so I had to think of another way.
The chuck on my rotary table was just big enough to hold the rotor.
20211125_125233.jpg 20211125_130747.jpg
That is an ordinary carbide circular saw blade. I cut .025" per revolution.

devils4ever

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I finished my 2-1/2" steady rest for my mini-lathe. I used precision stainless steel shielded ball bearings (R188-2Z) from McMaster-Carr. I used OSH Cut to plasma cut the main ring to save me a lot of time machining that part.

I'm very pleased with the results.

IMG_6149.jpg IMG_6150.jpg IMG_6147.jpg IMG_6148.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock