POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Insulate, Insulate, Insulate...
Worst thing I've ever done was fill a shop, THEN insulate it!
Yeah, I never understood filling a shop before finishing it with insulation, siding, electrical, and plumbing. It makes the job so much bigger. And yeah I know, we all think we can't wait to do things in the proper order. It usually just takes planning.

Arrived Friday night from PR and it was all about emptying the house in Orlando… three trips done. The last one made a slight dent on all the carp in the garage.

And I found the Hooters calendar that I have been saving for the workshop…since 2012!!

View attachment 485028
View attachment 485029
View attachment 485036
View attachment 485031
Still a mess, but I will get it moved over this week…
View attachment 485032
Now at the other house
View attachment 485033
View attachment 485034
Quick comment though it's probably to the choir. Pay the extra for your 220v wire with a neutral. It's legal not to in a shop. I didn't catch my contractor/electrical sub went cheap. Now I have to run separate 120V to the 220 machines.

Quick comment though it's probably to the choir. Pay the extra for your 220v wire with a neutral. It's legal not to in a shop. I didn't catch my contractor/electrical sub went cheap. Now I have to run separate 120V to the 220 machines.
Will do :encourage:

Party here yesterday . Now 3 days of heavy rain so inside staining bird houses and loading up crap on the bay . Have to keep those blue birds fed and housed . :)

Attachments

• IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 17
I second the 4 wire outlets!

I ran a bunch of 120/240 outlets using the standard ones that camper trailers use. For anything odd or that I borrow, I make 3 foot long adapters.
I keep a handful of these around for new stuff coming in the shop.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-PowerGrip-Replacement-Transform-55255/dp/B000PGVZ30
Then, the camper cords make nice extension cords when you need one. Nice for welding outside in a pinch

Being an absolute klutz, I made my own cables wired with L15-30, my one small SPC with a L15-20. And a shop made adapter to connect the L15-20 to the RPC L15-30 if needed. Most of my cable is 4C, but with the SPC honestly I'd have to check code to see if a neutral is even allowable. I know just enough to know what I don't know and can figure out the code on the free pdf provided. And then double check that with others.
:)

Back