Problem with pm932m quickly resolved by Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guns,

Check the description on PM's website. From post #35:

If its from Taiwan, it will say Taiwan. If not, then its from China. They are the only 2 choices, 95% of what you see out there is from China if it is from anyone else, most companies do not have the higher end machines from Taiwan, but we do have some. I am working on more, but its a slow process. And the price is higher for sure

If you go a page back I posted I got the new spindle and everything has been working . well sadly gunners cancer came back bad and he passed in my arms a couple weeks ago
I assume Gunner is your buddy in the picture...I have had dog pass in my arms from lethal injection...it's burned into my soul forever.....sorry for your loss.

Guns,

Check the description on PM's website. From post #35:
Man, I have gone through their site upside down/backwards....even the manual, Nothing says country of origin. Not sure it's a make it/ break it, but for sure could seal the deal.

My understanding is if there's a "T" in the suffix, the machine is from Taiwan. Example 1340GT or 935TS. If no T, then most likely China.

Guns, as @81husky said, a “T” in the model number seems to indicate that it is from Taiwan. Also the Taiwan models are presented as “ Precision or Ultra Precision “ models. It looks like the only Taiwanese bench mill they offer is the 833 T
If you can swing the extra expense up front I would go with the “T” model.
6E52EBE6-F4FE-4331-A944-050D1AAB5AE6.png
E8DFB69C-3616-4F99-837B-2030D8D1E3EF.jpeg

Nice to see that the problem was resolved and the issue was properly identified. I had purchased a BF-30 bench top mill from another vendor about 8 years ago, it came with multiple serious defects, the lead screws were suppose to be US and were metric with US dials and numerous other issues. Needless to say without a DRO it was useless. The manufacturer/distributor's fix was to send metric dials, the DRO failed and it took 4 months to get a warranty replacement. I eventually sold the mill after I had fixed many of the defects and at substantial cost. Moving forward I purchased a 1340GT lathe from QMT and a LCM-42 knee mill from Acra. The two predominate factors in these purchases was the quality of the machines and the service, which I would rate QMT at the top. Not only in eventually resolving any issues, but providing long term parts and service along with the longest warranty. At this cost level of machines the warranties only provide parts replacement, which is the standard for the industry. Getting the parts can be a prolonged process, but at least you can still get parts.

The QMT machines with the suffix of "T" is for Taiwan manufacturer, the only current bench top mill sold by QMT is the 833T, the other models are of Chinese mainland manufacturer.

Umahunter, so sorry for your loss. I had been in the medical field for 30+ years treating cancer and HIV patients, I block out of my mind all the patients and close friends that passed through the years. Our dogs are our companions for their/our life, and having to put down one so dear to our heart's is never forgotten and one of the most difficult experiences I have endured. My sympathies go out to you, but also balance it against all the good times you experienced together. RIP.

If you go a page back I posted I got the new spindle and everything has been working . well sadly gunners cancer came back bad and he passed in my arms a couple weeks ago
Sorry about Gunner, he was a great companion in the shop.

Sorry about Gunner, he was a great companion in the shop.
Thanks man its been rough he was only six at first I was really mad this happened while I was recovering from surgery. I work for myself so I had to work my but off and save to be off and him needing surgery etc was hard to cover but in the end I'm glad it did because we got to spend every day together i knew his cancer would be back I just didn't thank it would be so fast I'm really thankful I was with him 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back