Problem with pm932m quickly resolved by Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different note. I'm using a Amazon Fire Tablet and the Damn thing constantly changes words on me. Which makes me have to go back and write it again for it to take. Has anyone else with a Fire Tablet experienced this?

On a different note. I'm using a Amazon Fire Tablet and the Damn thing constantly changes words on me. Which makes me have to go back and write it again for it to take. Has anyone else with a Fire Tablet experienced this?

In the settings under keyboard you should have an option to automatically replace words when you hit space or punctuation. Most keyboards on Android have the option default to on. Just turn that off and you should be fine.

Yes pita fire fire

Yes my tablet started doing that after an update it changes almost every dam word oh for I if for it doesn't matter what I do it's so freaking irritating

Not really pertinent to this discussion, but.. My wife is Viet, and we spend quite a bit of time in SE Asia. We did and do carry things from the states to family there. I started questioning some items made in China that we were carrying from the USA - to Vietnam!, her response is China dumps their 2nd quality on my country, she'd rather carry better quality stuff back there. In comparing some items afterwards, she was correct. I appreciated reading Matts response. I purchased a 940 mill about 3 years ago, and have a 1236 lathe waiting for us to get home from Vietnam so can be delivered.

Your response Mat is why so many of us buy and respect PM.

Why not send the problem parts to Mat immediately? Probably would have had a quicker fix. Getting replacement parts from China takes time and patience even when things go perfect. I bought Chinese because of the price point, wish I had the money for a Taiwanese 1340! But, I had no issues with my little PM727m with DRO at all and I work it fairly hard. I haven't had to repair anything after months of use, thats very good for a machine from China IMO. I'm surprised I got two decent machines, I usually get the lemons! My PM1236 has been fine, its still performing good after a year of regular use. The old American iron I could afford was all worn out and harder to use, its nice to have something new.

I just want to comment, yes the customer has been waiting, but I have been trying like hell to get it resolved.

1. Had his machine for about 4 months, said he had a problem, said they think its the spindle. No problem, said I will send him a spindle, this was at the beginning of the month. I still dont know 100% if thats it, but a person I know from the forums was helping him, he said thats probably what it is, I never questioned it. Not worth it, would rather just fix the problem.
2. Spindle sent from the factory about 10 days later, should deliver 3-4 days. Not a big deal. He did not receive it, so he emailed me.
3. According to tracking that anyone can see, some problem with customs hold up, not sure of the delay, tracking changed after a couple days, on the way.
4. Delivered, said the parts were wrong. I emailed the people at the factory, they said no way, another shipment was sent to another customer the same day, his has no customs hold up so it was delivered 4/30. I have never had a problem with this factory before, they said it was fedex or customs that mixed them up. Either way, I don't know, it happened. Never heard from that other customer that he had the wrong parts, so I emailed him, no reply. Called and he said he was out on the road working, would check with his son. I did not hear back. Already ordered a new spindle, and on the way, the customer knows this and has that tracking.

I also was also looking to have his spindle ground to fix the taper, I have a local place that can do that. But he did not have it out yet to send to me, so that was not an option. Again, I was trying to get him going.

And the offer I made was to send it back and exchange towards another machine because he kept saying he was in dire need of a mill. I tried to have options. Or send it back for a refund if you arent happy. Thats fine too. Whatever you want. I'm easy.

A model I mentioned was the 833T. Stuff like this doesnt happen on machines from Taiwan. I had it in stock. But they cost more.

Chinese machines are OK, Taiwan machines are great. To be honest, I wish I didn't have to sell Chinese machines. But people buy them because they are cheap. Every single day I am on them about quality. Every single day its something. The ones we have from China are a lot better than places who are not on them about quality, but China is China.

Yes it is taking a lot longer than I wanted it to, but I am doing what I can to get it there. It sucks when I have to depend on others half way around the world, who knows who made the first mistake, who knows why the other customer will not get back to me.

I would not be happy either, it sucks, but the new one is almost there. It sucks as bad for me, I probably have 50 emails back and forth about a damn spindle that should be so easy, I send one email to order, they send me tracking, and delivered. But no, someone had to screw up somewhere, and this happened. The best part? I pay for 2 spindles. Its never their fault.

And I said I wanted the old spindle back, because I want to see what happened and try to prevent that in the future. Ill send it back and you can do what you want with it after I see it.

I would post the tracking here, but it shows their personal addresses when you do track it, and I don't want to give that out. But he is free to do that if he would like.

Want to avoid all of this? My advice, buy one of our machines from Taiwan. If I didn't have to sell machines from China, my life would be a hell of a lot easier.
Being I am about to purchase your 727m, how do I know if it is from China or Taiwan?
Thanks, I don't mean to hi-jack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back