QCTP base question

Hey it works! Nice job! I'm going through the same thing myself right now and ran across your post.

Just make sure that the top of the T-nut is below the base of the compound when tightened up. Otherwise, you won't be able to get a secure tool post and it may even slip on you. This happens more than you might realize... "My QCTP nut is tight, but my bit still moves when cutting..." is a title often seen in machining forums. It is fixed by taking off a small amount off the top of the nut. The tool post has to bear entirely on the top of the compound, not the top of the T-nut.

Does not look like a hack job to me. For not having a mill, that looks fantastic, and I bet you learned some things along the way. Bravo!

Have an impending 1440GT and PMs BXA QCTP. Hoping it arrives not looking like it is from the scrap pile. $$$$

On my King 12x36 the nut is very similar. The notch on my corresponds to a hole in the compound , a steel pin is inserted preventing the QCTP from sliding in the slot.

On my King 12x36 the nut is very similar. The notch on my corresponds to a hole in the compound , a steel pin is inserted preventing the QCTP from sliding in the slot.

That's odd... Sometimes you WANT the QCTP in other positions in the slot (ie, not always in the center of the slot).

That's odd... Sometimes you WANT the QCTP in other positions in the slot (ie, not always in the center of the slot).
I think you can defeat it in those circumstances.

Back