Quarantine Projects!

Looks
Well, that my first COVID project

49716202088_1477623c5e.jpg
49717057757_f8d541d9ab.jpg

Not know the name in english. It's for keeping door from closing with wind
Looks like it was fun making. Nice job

The things you find that you forgot you had, when re-organizing the shop... (and other times for that matter.)
A 2HP motor for crying out loud?!
Also found a plastic shoebox tote of parts for wood planers. Stashed in plastic zipper bags so at least they aren't all rusty.
0408201700__Rc.jpg

Mostly been on a 3D printing jag... AXA tool holder storage

Thank you for the inspiration; I did the same. Though only printed, not yet mounted.
abaab6f7cfa71f92c23333fd0acda153.jpg

Edit: now that I look at yours again, I like how narrow they are. I enjoy the design-evolution process that 3D printing facilitates.

Last edited:
We got it figured out. And by 'We' you know who I mean. :grin:
Moved the green/black over alongside of the bastardized walnut credenza drawers, then moved BigRed into that spot and removed the casters.
Casters off of BigRed are going to go on the Kennedy so that I have (4) swivel casters on it.
Now to start organizing and filling up the drawers... Perhaps I'll find the top surface of a couple of workbenches in the process.
It's come together very well, I'm happy with the difference and the open space.

View attachment 320291...View attachment 320292

LOL, you my friend are smart or brave. The couple of times I let my SO loose in the shop it was a tidy hurricane! When she has something in her hand and says "whats this and do you really need it?" gives me the extra umph to say toss it. The only time I regret it is when I've got something that is actually working for me organizationally. Stuff somehow always dissapears into the black hole never to be seen until maybe the next move if she goes through it. Looking good!

Last edited:
LOL, you my friend are smart or brave. The couple of times I let my SO loose in the shop it was a tidy hurricane! When she has something in her hand and says "whats this and do you really need?" gives me the extra umph to say toss it. The only time I regret it is when I've got something that is actually working for me organizationally. Stuff somehow always dissapears into the black hole never to be seen until maybe the next move if she goes through it. Looking good!
Oh, she most assuredly asks 'do you really need this...' quite often. But her fine organizational skills are coming in so handy.
Not to mention the extra 'muscle' I seem to be requiring lately.
Now granted I have a ton of 'useless' crap, however when you need it, it does save money.
The other day she wanted me to setup something that we hadn't used in over (5) years.
I had to inform here that we had tossed out the box that has those in it and I couldn't make it happen. She was a bit downcast but I did manage to find one piece that had escaped the trashman.
The other thing I do is a price search on the web and show her, but that only works when I do use it for fixing something.
Now when it comes to her old Cadillac, or Buick or the Riding Mowers, used is always more budget friendly than procuring new.
We have a couple of friends that come over, only when they need something fixed and always make fun of my 'clutter' UNTIL that need THAT piece that I happen to have in a bin.
Another buddy always says why don't you just run out to the store and buy it when you need it....
1.) Fuel Cost, & 2.) Cost of the piece or part.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it! :grin:

Last edited:
Made some headway on my taper attachment project!

First of all, major shout out to @Moderatemixed for taking a whole bunch of pics and some dimensions for me! Thanks, man!

I got the tail piece welded on. It ended up being that the top of the tail piece needed to be about 0.276" above the lathe bed when mounted so I rigged up some spacers from random sheet metals I had around and got pretty close. Based on the thicknesses I could find my dimension should be somewhere around 0.275". I don't have a pic of that part. D'oh!

Next I drilled the hole to 1/2" and cut it with the grinder to slot it.

EM520706.JPG

I dared pretty close on the left side but was more cautious on the right side.

EM520707.JPG

This is how I grinded the slot to size, checking frequently with a 1/2" something or other.

EM520708.JPG

Here's my something or other in the slot. It's a good slop free fit. This one goes out to @middle.road! I saved a few of these pins that I found in the bottom of a bucket of random crap. They looked like old rusty HSS blanks so I soaked 'em in Evapo-Rust and saved 'em. I wasn't sure if I would ever need any of them but they don't take up much room. Turns out one of them is perfect for this project! Saved me from turning a pin!

EM520709.JPG

EM520710.JPG

Here's a quick motion picture of it working! There was a hole in that pin so I made a quick handle from some welding wire.

View attachment Taper Clamp.mp4

Now I have to try and make the draw bar... It's just a 1.125" strip of 3/16" flat but it's got a long slot milled in it. I'll probably try to drill two holes and connect them with a cut off wheel.

Back