Quarantine Projects!

Also did a quick and dirty rack my welding table to hang my grinders.

I did the same thing the other day for my grinding bench, along with a piece of muffler tube for my heat gun.

1aed0cb609d725f2c57f280fb9ef5b5f.jpg

She goes through steel and aluminum like butter at 50rpm, I even have a spare blade:grin:

He shoots he scores! Wow, the stuff people toss, what were they thinking? Very handy and talk about heavy duty. You've made some really good saves.

matthewsx , A friend of my has the same saw slow turning HSS blade, when the blade gets dull it starts to snap the roll pin in the spindle, i'll advise use it for softer materials.

Thanks, good to hear from someone who's actually seen one in the wild. Not planning on cutting hardened steel with it, mostly aluminum and mild steel tubing/angle. The blades aren't cheap but not too bad really, the guy I got it from actually gave me a spare :grin:

John

I've spent some time over the last few days doing some intellectual projects. I'm trying to learn CAD. There's enough free programs and great youtube tutorials that I have no excuse!

I made this by following a tutorial on youtube: here

Screen capture:

Untitled.jpg

It's so super awesome! CAD is so neat! I love how easy it is to add dimension lines and dimensions.

I've also been thinking about dabbling in Arduino, but learning some CAD is probably enough for my brain right now. :chemist: :dejected:

@matthewsx, it's been a decade since i've used the identical saw i remember cutting some thick angle iron, you must start with very light pressure on the handle so it won't grab and pull out the material out of the vice then press hard on the straight and again let off when you are at the end or if you have a sharp corner like on square tubing, the torque is incredible, the blade can stop but very rarely most often it will brake a tooth or snap the roll pin inside. The pin was standard 8mm if i remember right around 60mm long but it's been long time since i've had to deal with it.

Guys! I just finished my first ever CAD drawing! Check it out, it's the clamp piece I made for the Atlas lathe taper attachment:

Untitled1.jpg

For the threads I just did the simplified method.

I don't know if LibreCAD can do weld symbols so I just did something generic.

The font is weird but it's the first one on the list of many many fonts.

Anyone have any criticisms? It might look kind of cluttered and the dimensions could probably be laid out in a neater way, but overall I'm fairly happy with it.

I've included the .dxf file if there's any need for that.

Attachments

• Atlas Taper Attachment Bed Clamp - 0.375in ways.dxf
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
Wanted to make a batch of sour kraut but hate cutting up the cabbage so built a shredder.
The body is 1/2 inch poly with 3/4 for the sides. The knife was an old straight edge, think its ferritic stainless, seams really tough and took a beautiful edge.

IMG_4377.jpg

Will reduce a head of cabbage to shreds in about a minute. Way faster than a knife, but it would love to reduce a finger too.

IMG_4378.jpg

Also made a rammer to pack it into the pail.

IMG_4379.jpg

Should have a batch in about a month.

Greg

Wanted to make a batch of sour kraut but hate cutting up the cabbage so built a shredder.
The body is 1/2 inch poly with 3/4 for the sides. The knife was an old straight edge, think its ferritic stainless, seams really tough and took a beautiful edge.

View attachment 322811

Will reduce a head of cabbage to shreds in about a minute. Way faster than a knife, but it would love to reduce a finger too.

View attachment 322813

Also made a rammer to pack it into the pail.

View attachment 322814

Should have a batch in about a month.

Greg
What you have built is called a mandoline, yes they are quite dangerous but you can build a pusher for it pretty easy.

John

We have a mandolin. They are as dangerous as power tools! Definitely make a pusher.
Robert

Putting on a new bed on my toy hauler
hopefully I will have it completed by Monday

Back