Really Want A Mill, Need To Convince Wife!

So you let your Bride read all these posts and she said. "Yes dear go for it"???

David

Thanks for all the replies. I'm getting a PM 25MV along with the starter kit (52 Pc Clamp Set, 4" Precision Milling Vise, 11Pc. R8 Collet Set). I know there will be other pieces I need. I do have a set of end mills but what should I get for starters? Thanks very much

A dozen roses, and maybe a puppy/kitten?

Vincent I think we could crowd source this and give her a special vacation, trip or whatever.

David

My wife, an avid homemaker knitted, crocheted, cooked and did volunteer work. She appreciated the work that people did with their hands so my shop was alright by her. In our "discussions" I always got the last word- "yes dear"!
Have a good day
Ray

I justified the purchase of my lathe by telling the wife I'd make our wedding rings with it. She's crafty and loved the idea! The rings turned out great until we found out the hard way that she's allergic to nickel.. so using Monel K500 was a bad idea. Her new ring is Ti and her finger is happy :)

You should have convinced her you needed another machine to work the titanium! it coulda worked!

All you got to do is give her half of what you are planning on paying for it and then tell her, "Baby, I spent this much on a tool for my shop and I want to be fair about it. So, you take this equal amount and go buy yourself anything you want."

Back