Reamers For Donation

i'll try again with an intelligible list.
all i had was chicken scratch on binder paper.
:confused:

No, it's pretty standard in the industry, actually. It keeps the edges that aren't actually doing any cutting from simply rubbing and adding to the driving friction and prematurely dulling, and in some cases more than a couple of tenths is used in situations where alignment is off in the holder to prevent the back of the reamer from cutting and oversizing the hole. Those cases may require 0.005-0.010/inch taper. I can't recall having to use that much taper, but 0.0002/0.0003 is pretty common.

Several references on cutting tools I found on line discuss it.
Maybe we both learned something. I just reviewed the Machinery Handbook. Machine, hand and all the other reamers except for one do not have a back taper. The only one that does have a back taper is a Rose Chucking reamer. And it’s a little different than all the others. The lands are ground cylindrically. The only cutting action is at the front. This makes the diameter at the point with the beveled cutting edges slightly larger than the diameter further back. Taper should not exceed 0.001”/inch. And this kind of reamer typically cuts oversize. Hope this helps.

If there are any left over , sign me up, I thought I had already posted but apparently memory goes right after the waistline.

cheers
michael
Great so what you are telling me is I won't remember what size to make my new belt.

if things stay the same,(we don't get more requests) we can raise the limit to 6 reamers per person.
$2 is the suggested donation per reamer plus applicable shipping.

if there are any errors in the order of replies please let it be known. i have updated the list at the beginning of this thread

going off the list , i have a wish list of six reamers ,... however i have no need of any specific size so if anyone needs a reamer i have on my wish list i do not mind giving it up
i will be just as happy with having some random reamers on hand . most of my projects i can modify to work with tools on hand

1 ,.. 1 inch mt3
2,.. #8 , numbered reamer
3,.. #11 " "
4,.. #1 " "
5,.. 11/16 fractional
6,.. 3/4 fractional

Going off the list lest see, 1/8, 3/16, 7/32, 1/2, 7/64
Unless someone else has a need for them. I figured that should be a few good small ones to start out my collection. How do we do this, As for getting address to you and noting the donation etc.

My request is: 3/16", 45/64", F, G, #30, #31. Maybe not all small, but most of them are. Of course if they get chosen by those that have priority then I'll choose again. As Ken asked, how to get our address and donation to you?

Thank you again,
Glenn

Back