Reamers For Donation

Lol. I'm fine with ether. Spiral actually would be better as far as I'm concerned.

reamers.jpg
Hello All!
i have become custodian of the reamers that dlane has graciously donated to the forum.

since we need to convert the reamers to cash for donation , i have considered 2 options:

1: ask for a donation of $2 per reamer + (shipping usps flat rate box) - the donations will be collected from all sales and be donated in lump sum to the forum

2: usps freight + the recipient donates to the forum of his own accord.

i'm trying to figure a way to disperse the reamers in an efficient and beneficial manner to both the forum as well as the end user.

i am open to discussion of other ideas in pertinence to their disbursement.

i would add that first responders from the previous thread that dlane has started, would get first priority.
(http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/reemers.35541/)

it there are objections or suggestions, this is your chance to be heard.
thanks for reading

I would like some reames. when will you get sizes posted them posted

Allenz

Little late to the thread, My preference falls towards the more common sized fractional reamers. As a beginner they are the most likely to be required for the types of projects I'll be working on for the next little while.
1/8" 1/4" 3/8" 5/16" 1/2" 5/8"

Open to size recommendations from more seasoned machinists if it helps.

Having said that, some of these are clearly the most popularly requested, as such, I'm absolutely okay with a grab bag instead too, if it's easier for everyone.

please add my name to list for reamers. I would only need a few assorted small sizes or whatever was available. please advise and I will send payment and shipping costs Thanks

I will take left-overs as well. Not too picky. The only sizes I need at the moment are 1", 1.25" and standard fractional sizes like 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4. I tried to look through the list but it was late and my eyes started crossing. So 6 of what's left is fine for me. I'm just happy to get some reamers for a great price.

Add me too. I appreciate the opportunity to add tooling as a newbie. Obviously the more common sizes would be preferable but as jwest said earlier, a grab bag would be fine. I am starting with nothing so this is ideal for me and hopefully I am not too late to the game.

I'm for the grab bag. Trying to figure out what was spoken for and what was left to pick from is getting to be a big PITA!
I'll use them all, so count me in for what ever you can do. And where do I send the $$$? Did I say I like surprises and presents?

Wish you were in Arizona and I would help you set up a tool rental bin. :) My hardest decisions in life have been being able to tell the difference between needs and wants and that's why I have a mill in my garage. The fair thing would be for the great Ulma Dr. to distribute a list of sizes available; everyone work it among yourselves who should receive what sizes, and after about a month someone present the doctor with a final shopping list you all agree on. Those who really need will will pursue, those who really want will concede, and those who simply dream will keep on dreaming. And in the end the great doctor will keep from going insane. :angel:

A tool rental would have been a great idea if it would have been sooner & someone would have wanted to take on that task. Sounds like a troublesome job to take on tho.

i'll be notifying members one at a time for disbursement of the reamers.
the process is slow, but it's the only way that i can assure that those who piped up first will get the priority.
thanks for the support

Back