***Resolved*** NEW PM-1440HVT-2 Lathe (PM fixed it)

Pull the drive belts off and see how the motor behaves throughout the frequency range without any load.

Pull the drive belts off and see what the motor does throughout the frequency range without any load.
I think the belts are lose and the are not straight belts but with teeth so it vibrates and jumps the teeth’s of the belt and f… it up

I think the belts are lose and the are not straight belts but with teeth so it vibrates and jumps the teeth’s of the belt and f… it up
Isolating the motor by disconnecting the belts should reveal if it's a VFD parameter issue.

I think he did that test?
I think it was just run up in neutral but not with the motor fully disconnected from the drive system.

Try increasing the belt tension, and they may also be mismatched. If it is a belt resonant frequency it should change the speed that it occurs.

So in neutral the belts and motor run perfectly smooth at full speed. I checked the tension of the belt and it felt fine. Seems like if it was the belt being too loose I'd get some slippage even at low speeds when i'm turning something lets say aggressively and I've never had any issues with speeds 0-300.

So in neutral the belts and motor run perfectly smooth at full speed. I checked the tension of the belt and it felt fine. Seems like if it was the belt being too loose I'd get some slippage even at low speeds when i'm turning something lets say aggressively and I've never had any issues with speeds 0-300.
Not necessarily, remember it’s not a chain with a bit of load it will stretch and jump over from the video it was rattling to much pinch it with you fingers it should not move too much

Back