Restoring Jet 1024PY

Yes some pics of the carriage would be great. and if you could find out where the brass gears go that would be really great. They are around two inch gears. And i cant find out where these are located. thank you very much, Bob.

Bob,

If you could post some pictures of the brass gears you asking about, it would be helpful to match up where they go.

The Grizzley 4992 is the closest match. I have an 1985 vintage 1024PY . The PY has a 1 -9/16 spindle bore and the P has a 1-1/16. how old is yours the biggest differences come with age I could send pics of mine. There are extra gears for metric threading that go on a wing nut in my drive train cover. I don't know if any of the gearing in mine is brass.

The Grizzley 4992 is the closest match. I have an 1985 vintage 1024PY . The PY has a 1 -9/16 spindle bore and the P has a 1-1/16. how old is yours the biggest differences come with age I could send pics of mine. There are extra gears for metric threading that go on a wing nut in my drive train cover. I don't know if any of the gearing in mine is brass.
Where can i find the date on the lathe? Bob.

and allso would like to know if i can chamber a 30 inch barrel in the 1024py jet? thanks Bob.

I have to say that all this information has been a great help!

Last edited:
Grizzly is the only place and that is if they have any spare parts in stock...

Only OK? I think they are great....cheers.

My baby Jet is my favorite, deessed up like a Christmas tree, green and red. It cuts dang near zero taper with super nice finish. Chambered over a couple of dozens of AR barrels through it.

View attachment 243250
I’ve got what looks like same model less the DRO. mine is a 1984 Taiwan. Got a manual for same, but is copy made before computer graphis and some pages incomplete or ssmudged. 24 to 30 pages +/-. Mine in great shape that came with parts i still havent identified. Any help??? Please will commo w/you here or i will setup a new topic Jack

If you can post some pictures, we can help with the "unknown" parts.

There are a number of manuals in the Jet Section, including some of the other brands the lathes were sold under (Tida, Lam, Grizzly, etc)

Yippee! It is like finding other alien beings. Too late tonite, but tomorrow I shall attack the camera viewings for transport! Finally warming in the shop. NO heat. Warming shop is a harbinger of spring. i am coming out of hibernation.

Back