Ripped off on e bay

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
Hope this group was OK for this, Mods please move if not.
Here is the ad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251447115994...84.m1439.l2649

He had $250.00 plus shipping, I asked for a price with out the tools.
Nothing I couldnt live without. We agreed on $175.00 & $50.00 shipping, Total of $225.00. Said in ad just needed refinished. Normal scratches,
look at the pictures in the ad.

See my pictures for what was left out.
I wrote him back, said I wanted full refund, plus postage to sent the POS back.
Either that , or send me back $175.00 and I'll keep it.
It is worth $50.00. (but still reeds major work on side panel and top)
What does he think, he is gonna pull that crap, and the buyer is just gonna take it laying down.

DSCF1184.JPG DSCF1183.JPG DSCF1179.JPG DSCF1178.JPG DSCF1177.JPG

Perhaps it was damaged in shipping.
I've studied the photos and cannot see that kind of damage on the ad.

Did we have shipping insurance?

I've been ripped off by both sellers and buyers but this looks like shipping damage.

don't get overly agressive with the seller--just send him pictures of how it arrived and work with him as far as the insurance coverage is--I'm sure the insurance will make satisfactory ammends with you.--Dave---just takes a little time

Yea shipping. Anyone see on TV Fed Ex throwing things out of the truck like a paper boy does?? The driver never even stopped, just
flung it out the door. caught on tape

Was there anything in the packing that could have caused that cross hatched impressed damage seen on the top edge of the box? That in itself could point out whether this was shipping damage or previous damage.

I'm pretty sure that thing was damaged in shipping. The seller needs to put in a claim with the shipper. Things have to be packed with the idea that these things will get dropped from a height of 10 ft. I'm not kidding. The heavier the item is the more it has to be protected on all sides. 2-3 inches of rigid foam all around probably would have saved that box from the carnage. It's not just UPS, all the shippers do the same thing. The heavier the item is, the more it gets thrown around. :(

You need to carefully check the packaging for clues. Then you can make a decision on whether the damage occurred in transit or was obscured/omitted by the seller.
In any case the seller did misrepresent what was for sale in the ad. Shows a box full of tools, but forgot to mention tools not included.............. Interesting to note that he mentions specifically that some felt needs replacing but offers no image of the deterioration. His rep shows some other less than happy buyers. From comments he seems to avoid pointing out the glaring problems.

cheers Phil

File a claim with Ebay's buyer protection plan. You have 45 days to file that claim Ebay will get in the middle and resolve the problem or give you back your money. It does look like shipping damage to me as well.

I had a gear vendors overdrive that i bought for 1800 and it was bad. I tore it down first to take pictures by the time i got to filing the claim i missed the 45 day deadline by 2 days so i was out the 500 it took to fix it. Lesson learned on the 45 days.

Good Luck

OK thanks Guys, No I didn't get too aggressive. There was not foam all around the box, I think he had somebody like going postal pack it.
It could be shipping damage.
We will see what happens.

Back