Ripped off on e bay

I'm tired of e-bay

Last edited:
Wow - I had been looking at this EXACT same tool chest and then suddenly I found that it was sold to a lower bidder (you :) ). Given that I was ready to pay full price, I would have felt even more duped than you!

Doesn't make it better for you, though. It could be shipping damage, but I'm not convinced. Take a careful look at picture #5 in the original listing. Zoom in and pan over to the left, and it looks like the front and the side are bulging out quite a bit. Really hard to see because it's blurry, but it seems quite consistent with what you're seeing now.

I'm also concerned that all other pictures avoid showing this part of the chest. Don't want to accuse the seller, but if he had wanted to hide this damage, he did it quite well.

I hope you can resolve this without too much pain! Good luck!

Tom

Ebay buyer protection is pretty good. I had to use it once for a vendor that sold dry chemicals for gold refining. He never even shipped the item, didn't answer my e-mail inquiries. About 2 weeks after filing my claim, Ebay refunded my money, and he was booted from ebay. When I purchased my item he'd had 99% good feedback, but a string of bad ratings ensued right after I bought my item. You have to put a claim in with Ebay ASAP, then give the guy a chance to make good. If he doesn't, you have to let ebay know, and they'll try to resolve it. You'll in all likelihood get a resolution, but it might take a month or so if ebay has to refund you the money. My experience.

Marcel

I have sold and purchase alot of items off of ebay,due to my past purchasing mistakes I have learned alot.One is check out the sellers feed back rating,ask more questions and for more pics or better pics.Which at times I think is deliberately bad hidding the flaws or just the good side is showed.One of the most important question is what shipping service,tracking #'s and how it will be package.(Ex-2" fostner bit in an envelope,envelope made it bit did not)Over the yrs items that I purchase were package perfectly while others were poor and damage.If a seller does not answer questions then I don't purchase the item.I have been taken advantage of at times on ebay and by couple of dishonest members on another forum,but to put things in our advantage the best advice is to ask alot of questions.Sorry to hear this cause I have always wanted one of those vintage tool boxes,GOOD LUCK Mr.Breeze

I buy and sell on ebay and have had mostly good results. I tend to buy mic and dtis but only ones in cases! when shippiing I only use USPS, and have had no complaints. more packing is better than less, and filling up the interstitial volume (I use crumpled newspaper) helps to prevent things moving and getting dinged up.

I ordered a blouse for my wife and was sent one which was not the same as in the picture. The seller immediately refunded the money(the return shipping cost exceeded the blouse's value). Most sellers seem anxious to protect their ebay reputation. I have not yet had a big problem with anyone. Guess I'm lucky.

I agree with George, it seems to me the days where getting screwed on ebay are mostly gone. Bad transactions/reputation can hurt the seller if they plan to continue to sell on ebay on a regular basis. I've never been screwed on ebay in the past 10+ years since I started using it, buying or selling.

I've only had 2 issues & both turned out good. Bought an Armstrong knurler descibed to have a 5/8 x 5/8 shank. Turned out it was not 5/8 height, only width. Contacted the seller & they refunded the entire purchase price plus shipping, told me to just keep the item. I purchased a DA collet holder listed as new. The item was not new but it wasn't beat up either. Asked the seller if I had received the wrong item, they apologized for the listing mistake & in the end I got a 50% discount on it.

Regarding the OP, I'm late to the party but comparing the pics it clearly looks like shipping damage to me also.

some things should not be shipped...this is one of those things...:nuts:

thanks guys, I am going through a big thing right now.
1st He tried to say it was not the same box. He told me I switched boxes. I sent enough pictures, now he believes me,
but wants me to send the box back 1st, and then he will issue refund. He goes" Thats The Way It Works"
But I want the full $175.00 plus $50.00 for shipping to me,
Plus I want my money back shipping to him.
I have a feeling if I send the box, all he will send me is $175.00
I think It might be better for me to escalate it to e bay, and see what decision they make,

Back