Shars Universal Cutter Grinder-Lost in Transit

Having just spent some time making a 17mm radius form tool for Magnabend hinges, I highly reccomend making a hole in the center of the rotating table thing. You can put a setting pin in there for a bunch of adjustments. I also made a micrometer that hangs off that pin for setting radial distance; well worth the work! It's fun to finally be pushing what my grinder can do!

Your gonna have fun with it!
fac256852a677eb553c08c06db0041e6.jpg
1ed0b6e0333f779416046eb27855b51f.jpg
8cd75d817dcb41e9bcb0892a153b94f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Is that a Quorn?
I’ve wanted one for a long time, I am looking forward to it!

Hey, good news I think.
I called Shars like I said. 30 minutes later I received a call from FedEx!!
My machine tool is coming via rail and should arrive at 2:00AM tomorrow morning. Out for delivery Monday or Tuesday.
Why in the hell did they have a delivery date of November 11th by 9:00 PM if it's on a rail car?
I tell you, this freight industry is an interesting subject.
Possibly went via rail due to a shortage of OTR trucks available.
I recall reading something, somewhere a while back that mentioned rail being used due to limited OTR freight haulers.
I'm not certain as to the validity of that info.
The largest items we been getting shipped in have been 50lbs bags of dog food, and they've been coming from Nashville or Cincinnati.

Is that a Quorn?
I’ve wanted one for a long time, I am looking forward to it!

I picked up Chaddock's book for the Quorn, to sort of whet my appetite and see if it was worth getting the castings for. Just reading the book is work, even more so than the George Thomas book for the UPT. I half-wonder if it would be easier to just buy the plans and castings, ignoring the books with all of the complicated setups these guys did to build their projects with only a 9" swing lathe.

Rex, you out there?
He just built a Quorn from the castings. Way over my skill level.

Yes, it's a Quorn. I bought it mostly finished off ebay...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I called Shars again today. There has been no change to the tracking information where it shows a delivery date of last Thursday.
I was told they would contact FedEx again, If they weren't satisfied with the response by tomorrow they would send out another grinder.
Man this is frustrating.

I feel your pain Jeff. When my welder was in no-where land I was really frustrated.
Sounds like Shars will make good though, maybe ask them to use a different carrier?

Back