She's real fine

Some of the cars are over the top just to get attention, like two engines, side by side, each with two superchargers. The big hint of it being nonsense is the 3/4"-wide supercharger belts, which are way too thin to convey enough power to create real boost. More likely, they spin the impellers just enough to not impede the incoming air. Not going to comment about the driver's very restricted view.

2_1.jpg

Last edited:
When I was in high school one of the kids had a brand new 62 Chevy with a 409. (Daddy was a lawyer) He was always challenging other kids to drag race from light to light. He went so far as to put red tape (matching the color of the car) over the "409" below the flags on the front fenders.

I ran into him a couple years later still trying to get kids to race. At the time I had a 63 Corvette with a 375 hp fuel injected 327. I thought I'd teach him a lesson. When the light turned it was a cloud of tire smoke. We were neck and neck for the first 50 feet. My Corvette did a huge cough and died on the spot. It restarted quickly but the damage was done. I thought he was long gone only to see him come around the block and pass me again waving with his middle finger.

So much for teaching him a lesson. I think it took another 10 years to live down the episode.

Alloy, how easy/difficult is it to tune?

I wouldn't even begin to know how to tune it.

Dominator carbs are 1050 CFM for the smallest one. So that's 3150 CFM on it minimum.

At 85% VE, a 409 cubic inches engine needs 603 CFM.

But, it looks cool. Imagine pulling into the local cruise in with that under the hood :cool:

409.PNG

Back