She's real fine

My newest is a 67 plain, plain Jane Nova I got as a roller. The 9" is too narrow for the mini tub the guy did, so I have to redo that, and the new springs do not seem to be properly aligned fore, and aft. The car will have to be lifted, squared, and strung to see where all of the mounting points line up. It has a 5 speed Richmond, and the 406 mentioned....

Hmmmm...........................this is for sale near me.

220 gallons, 3 gallons an hr with twin 210 hp Cummins at 7 knots trolling, 513 NM range. 3 day fishing trips were about 120 gallons consumed.

Twin 250 HP Hino's Turbocharged. If I keep it at about 8 knots I can actually get about 2 MPG (1.74 Nautical Miles per gallon). At full throttle, you can almost reverse the symbols, at 16 knots I am running right at about 1.75 gallons per mile. Which is why when go cruising, we are at about 8 knots. Besides, I don't have to worry about hitting a partially submerged log at 16 knots, which is a major concern here in the PNW.

10.5 Underway.JPG

Boy, very nice.

I'm a land lubber :grin:

As if I need another project, I'm going to go look at this right now.

Seems too good to be true.

I could get a couple of Holley 390 CFM carbs which would be bigger than I need, but not much. Just wonder about the drive ability of them, and I really want this to be my daily driver and yes am concerned about fuel milage.

I've run the Holley 390s, even converted one to a center-hung layout with 4-corner metering plates; it worked GREAT. The square bore baby 390 throttle body is very good for smooth throttle response and off-idle transitions. You can also convert them to mechanical secondaries, if you don't want to hassle with getting vacuum secondaries working right on a dual-quad setup. Driveability would be excellent.

Of course, EFI+spark is far superior, and should be considered first and foremost, especially if driveability is your goal.

Boy, very nice.

I'm a land lubber :grin:

As if I need another project, I'm going to go look at this right now.

Seems too good to be true.

Must need to be a Facebook member to see it.

Twin 250 HP Hino's Turbocharged. If I keep it at about 8 knots I can actually get about 2 MPG (1.74 Nautical Miles per gallon). At full throttle, you can almost reverse the symbols, at 16 knots I am running right at about 1.75 gallons per mile. Which is why when go cruising, we are at about 8 knots. Besides, I don't have to worry about hitting a partially submerged log at 16 knots, which is a major concern here in the PNW.

View attachment 342864

I had a Maxum, loved that boat.

7545519_0_190920201040_0.jpg

Back