She's real fine

After seeing the 409 I briefly thought about going with two 4 barrel carbs on m LS2. It was set up for a carb when I got it in the Nova.

I could get a couple of Holley 390 CFM carbs which would be bigger than I need, but not much. Just wonder about the drive ability of them, and I really want this to be my daily driver and yes am concerned about fuel milage.

But there is the coolness factor to consider, granted it's not a fine 409, but a Nova with a two 4bbl LS2, 6 speed, and a ford 9" would be kinda cool :cool:

Last edited:
Mark Whitener, Lightning carbs is very proficient at setting up carbs, and would be a good resource if needed. Super helpful guy. :encourage:

Thanks for that. I just may check it out after I get it running.

Right now I have a holley 750 vacuum secondary I want to use. It came with an edelbrock but I'm not familiar with them, so want to use the holley. Just something about center hung holley's I like, and they are so simple to work on.

After I get it running I might switch carbs, or go to injection.

But the major challenge is to get it together and driving. Right now it's it rust repair jail and supposed to be back next week. Then drop engine/trans in, put the 9" in, get the driveshaft cut, figure out how to merge chevy emergency brake cable with the explorer rear brakes, new master and booster, plumb brake lines, fuel line, and many other things I can't think of at the moment. Oh did I forget the wiring? Not looking forward to that one at all.

Don't get me started, :rolleyes: I have 2 projects I got frustrated with, and I am letting the machines calm me down, so I can get back on it.

Only two, why your a lightweight ;)

I have the 70 nova, 87 IROC, and 55 Chevy handyman wagon.

Did I mention my 80 Chevy big block pickup ad my trailblazer SS?

Then there is my turdmoble commuter and my wife's equinox.

Glutton for punishment :)

Ya think ;)

Sad thing is my wife lets me do it.

I had found a 60 camino for $6k, frame off and painted, no rust, no engine, but trans was there Very nice, complete except engine, and I've got 2 new engines back in the corner somewhere. . It was by my wife's work and I went to pick her up and she said why didn't you get it?

I flipped a u turn and when I got there a guy was handing out the money for it.

Just what I needed, another car.

I'm partial to the 59's tail lights :encourage:

Only two, why your a lightweight ;)

I have the 70 nova, 87 IROC, and 55 Chevy handyman wagon.

Did I mention my 80 Chevy big block pickup ad my trailblazer SS?

Then there is my turdmoble commuter and my wife's equinox.

Nova SS?

No, just plan Jane.

But with as LS2, 6 speed, Ford 9" will be better than as SS :grin:

Last edited:
Back