Shop re-do

Umm....
Where are the corners??
They're in there...buried deep out of sight!
In actual fact though, there are almost no corners in sight. At the front one is behind the passage door, the other behind the big shelf unit. At the overhead door end there almost aren't corners because there's only about 8" of wall before it turns into the long wall.

I have seriously been on Zillow looking for new homes with a free standing garage, or at the very least, 3 car garage. I have sized down as much as I can. Thrown out more than I probably should have. Yet I had a NEAR purchase of a Tormach 770 with many extras locally that I had to let pass because there was NO WAY I could afford 6' x 5' (min) to have it here in my shop. Very depressing. It sucks when you work your whole life, find "your thing" and can't go full bore with because of lack of space. I guess I need my hobby to be sitting on the couch watching TV....
I feel your pain. When I bought my floor mount metal bender I thought "Where the heck am I going to mount this?"
This is not the biggest space I've had but it is the most equipment I've ever had. Years back I had an oversize double garage with 10' ceilings.
I had a VW Karmann Ghia on rollers that I moved around as needed. Once to avoid a hailstorm I shoehorned the VW, a Subaru Legacy and my full size Chev 4x4 into that space.

If I had it now I'd be laughing. But I have a better life now and that's what really matters :D

You can buy ceiling paint. It is designed to reflect light. Otherwise high gloss pure white with no tint added That will brighten things up and be easy to wipe down.

Congrats on your re-org. I've been working on mine lately too. Started reorganizing in 1999. Should be done maybe next year.
A person cannot rush these things, anything worth doing is worth doing slowly :)

Hey, I just noticed, we're practically neighbors. I'm a bit jealous of the rain shadow you have there. I have a rain funnel here I think.

Hey, I just noticed, we're practically neighbors. I'm a bit jealous of the rain shadow you have there. I have a rain funnel here I think.
Yup, definitely in a rain shadow here. In the winter everything is lush and green, summer, brown, dry and crispy. Vancouver BC gets more rain than we do.
I struggle with the rain and grey in the winter. Love the sunny days!

I guess I need my hobby to be sitting on the couch watching TV....

No, that is a waste of time. My wife does that. Drives me nuts. Anyone looking for a wife. Will give up to a good home, just take over the payments.

Keeping busy is the key to longevity IMHO. Keep looking around Guns and you will find something. Sometimes you have to go outside your comfort zone a little. It will come.

I second the thoughts about TV.
We don’t have cable and only stream the things we want, typically British drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back