Resolved Site delays at times

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I’m getting delays like the site is down.
I will post a comment and hit, post. Nothing happens.
I go on to another site, come back later and my post is still waiting to send, hit post and all is well.
Just me?

12:10 local time, tried to get an emoji for a PM, I had to wait for the thing across the top, and the emoji page did not show up, the second click attempt it appeared, and functioned.

Upvote 0
Right now, clicked on a post to check from the forums list, and it took 1min 12 seconds

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if it's system load related? I had another hit with a 30 sec delay after that one too. It is normal, then it's not, I don't know...

Upvote 0
There is an upgrade for the software that I need to do at some point in the near future. Traffic has been slow and I'm afraid it is server related and not software related. But perhaps one will help with the other. I'll put up an announcement prior to the upgrade.

Bryan

Upvote 0
Thank you, I wasn't pestering, just timeline information if it was needed. :encourage:

Upvote 0
It's been bad last couple of days, and especially this morning.
Took over (30) seconds to load Page 2 of this thread.
Earlier it took over a minute to load the Forums page after clicking on 'Forums' in the drop downs menu.

Sometimes when posting it will lag out and a yellow bar will scroll across along the upper area with three vertical bars in the upper right.
That would indicate a performance issue with the system posting to the mySQL database.
The lag time just loading pages would also indicate an issue with reading the database.

edit: and it's happening on this reply... This time though it won't even post on two attempts. Third time was a gem.

Upvote 0
Well if it's a reading issue, have them get new glasses. :grin:

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is a thing that is strongly related to time of day, but from here at UTC+1, it would be just past 07:00 MT. It made me wait in the usual way, with a response bottleneck, and then finally delivered.
Hoping you can give it some help soon.

Upvote 0
I don't know it it helps, but I am suspecting the sometimes 30sec or so delay in accepting postings might be time of day traffic related.
Here in UK, I have noticed this effect just after midday (11:30 UTC).
The summertime UK clocks go back to UTC in about 4 days time (25th October).

Upvote 0
Back