Resolved Site delays at times

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I’m getting delays like the site is down.
I will post a comment and hit, post. Nothing happens.
I go on to another site, come back later and my post is still waiting to send, hit post and all is well.
Just me?

I would put it at maybe 1 out of 30 to 60, not 1 out of three. But it is still happening If all that it took to make ya'll happy was to change Resolved to anything else, I can probably do that. But I can't do anything about the actual problem.

Also, this did not start because we changed hosts. It dates from the time that a new server was brought online. There may have been a host change as well but I don't think so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Life seems to set my priorities above this processing delay. I just thought it appropriate that the site administrator knows the issue Has not been resolved.
My favorite forum is still Hobby-machinist.
We have the best members and the moderators are awesome.

Upvote 0
OK. I changed the status from Resolved to Re-opened. Unfortunately, as I understand the situation, there is little that the Admins can do about the problem. But at least it should put an end to posts that are primarily made to say that the matter is not really Resolved.

The following may only apply if you happen to be running Firefox. But if you are, there seem to be three different clues (but only one of them applies to any given occurrence. The following three indicators should indicate that you have encountered the server problem:

A small solid black rectangle going 'round and 'round in the upper left corner of the screen.

Hard to describe video activity that repetitively sweeps across the top of the screen from left to right in the vicinity of the Home tab on the main tool bar.

And most frequently here, video activity that looks like narrow vertical rectangles over and below the Search tab on the main tool bar that also seems to sweep from left to right.

If the screen seems to freeze or the "do it" button doesn't appear to "do it" and you don't see any screen activity as described above, you are probably having some other type of problem.

Upvote 0
And most frequently here, video activity that looks like narrow vertical rectangles over and below the Search tab on the main tool bar that also seems to sweep from left to right.

Thats the one I get, pretty regularly.

Upvote 0
That’s it. You did a good job of describing “hard to describe video activity “
I run Safari and Chrome on my devices, no Firefox. For the record...

Upvote 0
OK. Others who routinely run Safari or Chrome should pipe up and say whether or not they frequently have apparent freeze-ups and if so, how they manifest themselves ( like the two repetitive video events that I mentioned earlier). Your OS should also be stated as that is another possibly significant parameter. I'm running current update of WIN 10 like probably 3/4 of the members.

Upvote 0
Win 7 with Chrome. I get no visual light show, just occasional delays of up to a minute when loading site pages or navigating.

Upvote 0
OK. Next time that it happens, look closely to confirm that nothing is moving on the screen. It took a while to notice the three that I mentioned earlier. And be sure that the main tool bar is visible, or not.

Upvote 0
I see similar delays with Safari on iPad, which is what I use for 95% of my browsing of this site. The progress bar goes quickly to ~15% then hangs. I’ll try to grab a screen shot next time.

Upvote 0
Back