So What Do You Stand On?

gi_984

Active User
Registered
I have several rubber mats that lay in front of my machines. They have a open honey comb pattern and are made of a heavy synthetic rubber like material. They are great for traction. Little risk of slipping if oil gets on them. But there is very little in the way of cushioning. I'd like to find some quality non-slip mats that have good cushioning. What do you guys use and like?

P.S. I've already looked at the local box stores, Wally world etc.

Bought a couple of those mats from Grizzly. Really soft to stand on, but definitely chip magnets.

I use the solid rubber checker plate finish mats made from recycled tires. I have also heard them called horse barn mats.

I built a wooden "Duck Board" 1x4s nailed to 1x4 sleepers.
Better than standing on the concrete floor. I tried rubber but found them hard to clean.
***G***

Sprint car rear tires , I cut the sides walls off , cut tread section in half 2x mats 1 tire.
They have super soft rubber , chips sweep off good , most are used for one race then discarded.
Not sure where to buy them, a friend gives me his but they work good.

i'm currently using the inexpensive HF floormats for the last 2 years now- they are total swarf magnets but the cushion is good.
they interlock like puzzle pieces and have been surprisingly rugged.
a word of warning,
FCAW spatter makes neat little holes, reminiscent of swiss cheese, in your HF floormats :grin:

Wood flooring of the in-laws old house. Moved the house Approximately 35' to northeast and set it on a concrete slab to make provision for a garage. I can sweep up the swarf as required.

Good set of comfortable, supportive boots.

Had a couple mats, major PITA for sweeping up.

Boots much better.

:)

Back