So What Do You Stand On?

I have a few of these for in front of machines. Very soft rubber so lots of cushion, but they tend to "walk" if not captured in some way. Thirty bucks for a 3' x 3' square section (the darker one on the left is just new as of yesterday). They actually lock together pretty good considering how spongy the rubber is, and they're great for wonky floors.

-frank

image.jpeg

I use the HF chip magnets, have had the same ones for about 3 years now, they look like heck but sure is better than standing on the concrete. They sweep much better than trying to vacuum them.
Actually have some brand new ones still in the factory package, just don't see the need to replace them yet. My wife bought these for me when they had a big sale at HF.

Frank,
Those are the same kind of mats that I use. Works well to catch the chips. I might try one of the anti-fatigue mats underneath them to add a bit more cushioning. And yes I already wear very good comfortable boots in the shop.

I also picked up a nice barstool for $5 at yard sale. Works great for sitting in front of the machines.

I found the Pro-Safe 3x5 rubber mats (Enco # 328-5967)
very durable, comfortable underfoot and the price is really good esp if you buy with the 20% w/free ship code deal. Buying these with a free ship deal is a must since they are fairly heavy and bulky. I bought one initially and liked it so much I got 2 more when the 20% and shipping deal came back.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452482896.046385.jpg

I sat at a little stool for my little knee mill & always bang my knee with the knee feed.

My big mill is to big to sit at & be able to work. It is still more comfortable to be at tho.

Back