Some work on a TX650.

Probably the last startup before tearing it apart again for repainting. Sync was a little out, so I adjusted the idle screws, turning the idle screw a fraction results in a big difference to the manometer. Happily, the mufflers do an excellent job of quieting the beast.

Just WOW!! It shows that you are really enjoying the build.

We are very lucky to tag along for the ride. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, that just sounds fantastic! Such beautiful work, well done!

Looking Good!! What are you attaching the manometer to on the carbs please? I need to do that to my Norton ;)

Looking Good!! What are you attaching the manometer to on the carbs please? I need to do that to my Norton ;)
i shrunk a barb into each manifold. Triumphs have a cross over tube between each manifold, you take that off and connect the manometer tubes to each barb, Nortons probably have something similar.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 10
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 10
Wow ! I can’t believe how smooth you have yours running . My XS650SE always shook like crazy , I think if it was set on a stand like yours I would have to chase it around the driveway lol

I thought I’d make one more video before tearing the bike apart. This one deals with carb syncing with a manometer.

This manometer has a relatively large body of water, and the vacuum lines are fitted with a .6mm jet. This has the effect of slowing down the movement of water stabilising the readings and making the device extremely accurate. Just a miniscule turn of either idle screw or throttle adjustment screw greatly effects the fluid levels.

I have great trouble with my fingers, so you'll notice me changing hands frequently trying to turn the adjustment screws. I also turned the adjustment screws the wrong way a few times, putting the levels out.

Pretty good indeed!!! Sweeeeeeeet!!!

Wow ! I can’t believe how smooth you have yours running . My XS650SE always shook like crazy , I think if it was set on a stand like yours I would have to chase it around the driveway lol
Don't worry, this thing shakes alright. When I had the engine in it's start up stand I had to tie it up to the bench grinder stand.

Attachments

• startup stand.jpg
    startup stand.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 6
Back