South Bend 9A 644R Advice on purchase?

weird about the gear box plate, but I don't think you can go wrong for that price, especially around here! I was super pumped to get a '29 heavy 9 with no countershaft/ motor and alot more wear than that for $400 :)

weird about the gear box plate, but I don't think you can go wrong for that price, especially around here! I was super pumped to get a '29 heavy 9 with no countershaft/ motor and alot more wear than that for $400 :)
Yup, hoping for the beat and feeling lucky. I’m gonna ask about the plate and I’ll post if there’s a story there. Thanks.

Was looking at those. Prefer to order direct from Shars? Saw one on Amazon with good reviews. I know nothing and I prefer buy once, cry once within reason. But also don’t want to throw away money for no good reason. Thanks.

I've been happy with the Little Machine Shop QCTPs, I've got an AXA and an OXA. You can find cheaper ones on Ebay, but LMS has good service if you have any issues. They are also made of steel, some of the cheaper QCTPs are aluminum, so not as rigid.

LMS AXA tool post set

That's about what I paid for mine a year ago and it was in much better shape than this one appears to be.
I bought 5 gal cap. ultrasonic cleaner to aid in cleaning everything. A bigger size that would hold the complete QCGB, it really came in handy and worked well.
Good luck with it

That's about what I paid for mine a year ago and it was in much better shape than this one appears to be.
I bought 5 gal cap. ultrasonic cleaner to aid in cleaning everything. A bigger size that would hold the complete QCGB, it really came in handy and worked well.
Good luck with it
Sounds like you got a great deal. Pics of it now? Thanks.

You'll be lucky if he doesn't sell it before you get there, it's worth 2x the price, 3x if he spent a couple hours cleaning up.

You'll be lucky if he doesn't sell it before you get there, it's worth 2x the price, 3x if he spent a couple hours cleaning
You'll be lucky if he doesn't sell it before you get there, it's worth 2x the price, 3x if he spent a couple hours cleaning up.
We’re messaging back and forth and he’s acting like a pretty stand up guy. I’ll be there at 9 AM Saturday so here’s hoping. Thanks.

Back