Still Confused with Conventional and Climb Milling

Think of it this way: when climb milling the flutes of the end mill are trying to climb on top of the uncut material, essentially creating a situation where the end mill is pulling the stock.

Reactions: jcp
Yes, that makes perfect sense. And this is ?

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You're way overthinking it. Think back to when someone taught you your left hand from your right hand. If you don't understand why, just take it at face value as the norm. It is what it is.

Tom

These are both right, the direction the table is moving? I understand it, I was just pointing out what adds to confusion. Thanks Guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 14
These are both right, the direction the table is moving? I understand it, I was just pointing out what adds to confusion. Thanks Guys.
Yes those are both correct.

I guess I am confused !

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    554.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I guess I am confused !
Think the reason that it is confusing is there's another two pictures which are not shown. This makes it tough for beginners to fathom. There really are four pictures, but only two are displayed I was confused for months, until I realized this Now it makes sense to me.

The easiest way to teach the difference is with a hand held router. With a 1/2" round over bit installed, run it left to right then run it right to left. It will all make sense!!

Back