The End Of Enco?

Also note that the Enco price only applies to products that you have been puchasing from Enco. Sounds to me like you will pay MSC prices if you haven't ordered that tool bit before. "you will receive those same prices on those products at MSC".

I don't think that's the case. I just looked up the prices on a Dumont 3/8" square broach (something i've never purchased from anyone). It's not what enco is charging, but it's also not the normal MSC price.
  • logged in or out of ENCO $121.42
  • logged out of MSC $132.10
  • logged into MSC with my transferred account $122.46
  • logged into MSC with my transferred account when i add it to my cart $122.46

I just knew this switch was coming a few weeks back. MSC sent me a login for their Enco prices deal. MSC even called me to make sure I followed up. Once I logged in all Enco discount emails stopped. It was then that I figured that Enco was leaving us and was being consolidated into MSC. Too bad.

Another voice adding to the chorus of those who will miss ENCO.

Thanks Dan_S for the example. I wonder how long the ENCO prices will last.

MSC list prices have always been high. Large companies always get big discounts.

Even if the ENCO prices remain for a period, I expect the minimum purchase value will be required.

I live in PA where MSC has a big warehouse so I will now be charged 6% sales tax which was not triggered with ENCO.

Shars, CDCO etc. may be alternative for tooling, but as others mentioned, ENCO had a much larger product list including supplies.

I will be looking for alternate sources for many of the items I used to purchase from ENCO.

Well, looks like I can't use an MSC promo code if they are selling me an item at an enco price. Enco, you will be missed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be looking for alternate sources for many of the items I used to purchase from ENCO.

To this end, I am starting a database of suppliers of machinery, tooling, raw materials, and other supplies. It would include the vendor name, address, telephone, e-mail, and website information, along with a list of the categories of products sold and possibly a line card. A space for reviews would also be a possibility.

Ultimately, I think it would be an asset to HM to include it in our Resources forum group and/or in the Downloads section.

The native format of the database will be Microsoft Access but I expect that is not a convenient format for many forum members. I would welcome suggestions as to how to make it more universally accessible and any contributions to the vendor list.

I think the database is a good idea, Some may find a good little site that can/does support small orders in. Enco will be missed, but I have been ordering the out of Amazon a bit more lately, I have been ordering some from a few others, and even Ebay of late. right now price matters a lot so I try to stretch as much as I can.

Well, looks like I can't use an MSC promo code if they are selling me an item at an enco price. Enco, you will be missed...

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think MSC lets you stack a promo code on something that is already on sale, besides free shipping. At least that's the way it has worked for me on a few items in the past. Just another reason why Enco's sale + 25% off + free shipping was usually unbeatable.

Thanks to the information in the posts above, I've been able to match a MSC price with Enco's sales prices for most items. Sometimes you have to add the item in the cart to see the lowest prices. But with the sales tax I now need to pay and the lack of stacked discounts it looks like places like Traver's will become more competitive price-wise, but still not like the good old days.

I get a lot of my tooling from Amazon these days. I get free shipping with prime, and with their automated pricing engine, it's not uncommon to get stuff for 30-40% of the list price.

I just tried to log into use-enco to order some items from their June sales flyer. Their sales flyer states the prices are good through 7/31/16. The site is down. I went to the MSC site and logged in and entered the Enco catalog nos. from the the flyer and the response was part not found. I then deleted the first two letters from the part no. and the part came up but at the regular Enco price, not the sales flyer price. I expect that I could call customer service and get them to honor the price stated in the flyer but that is a hassle for what should be good business practice. I guess it is time to start seriously shopping for alternate vendors!

Enco prices have been slowly creeping up, but they seemed to have more frequent discounts and often had free shipping (which is getting up there). My last order with Enco, they added in shipping after the matter of the fact without it showing up on my invoice. Eventually that got resolved. I also just unsubscribed from MSC emails, their prices have always been much higher than online retailers. They charge state tax in most states, so any discount is eaten up quickly, and their discounts vary greatly based on what you select. Their inflated prices are similar to Granger. If you are a small fish in the pond, they are not interested in you.

Back